The how-to on lake fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mavrick, Apr 2, 2007.

1. mavrick

mavrick New Member

State:
    kentucky
    could anyone give me some advice on fishing lakes for big cats. ive fished about all my life. there is a small lake close to where i live that ive fished a lot. but all i can catch is small chanel cats that weigh about a pound. i know theres got to be big ones there. i always fish up in the little hollers and things like that. fishing towards the banks a lot off of a small john boat. has anyone got any pointers.

2. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Check out the Library link on the upper left (the third yellow bar from the top). The fourth page has information on strategies and locations.

-- Rich

3. HEAVYSETDOOBER

HEAVYSETDOOBER New Member

State:
    Mayfield,Kentucky
    The best way that ive found is to fish the main lake in the main channel or right where it drops off. Where me and the old man fish we usually fish 20 yds or so from the main channel working our way towards it then once it drops off we start feeding line out till we hit the bottom of the main channel and bounce it off the bottom. Caught some really nice cats doing it like this.