The Homeless Man

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ace, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    It was a cold winter's day that Sunday. The parking lot to the church was filling up quickly. I noticed as I got out of my car fellow church members were whispering among themselves as they walked in the church.

As I got closer I saw a man leaned up against the wall outside the church. He was almost laying down as if he was asleep. He had on a long trench coat that was almost in shreds and a hat topped his head, pulled down so you could not see his face. He wore shoes that looked 30 years old, too small for his feet, with holes all over them, his toes stuck out.

I assumed this man was homeless, and asleep, so I walked on by through the doors of the church.

We all fellowshipped for a few minutes, and someone brought up the man laying outside. People snickered and gossiped but no one bothered to ask him to come in, including me.

A few moments later church began. We all waited for the Preacher to take his place and to give us the Word, when the doors to the church opened.

In came the homeless man walking down the aisle with his head down.

People gasped and whispered and made faces.

He made his way down the aisle and up onto the pulpit where he took off his hat and coat. My heart sank.

There stood our preacher...he was the "homeless man."

No one said a word.

The preacher took his Bible and laid it on his stand.

"Folks, I don't think I have to tell you what I am preaching about today. If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

:look_down:

:0a30:

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

What can you say to that? I try not to judge a book by the cover but I know I am quilty of it.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man you are such a Blessing to me.Goodness Sakes I don't know where you get all these but they sure make ya stop and think.How wonderful that you choose to share them.Once again you are a blessing!!---------pk powell:smile2:

4. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    And you strike again. These post sure keep you in touch with the world. Keep posting as I will always keep reading you post Your Fellow Brother Shelby

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    That was really great,likePK said makes you stop and think. You never who you might encounter in your walks through life. That happened to be the preacher that time,but you know it could of been a homeless man,or it could of been one of gods Angels sent down to put church members through a test. How many believe that can really happen. I do believe there is Angels among us.GOD BLESSYou Ace your such a blessing to us all.

6. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Amen brother.

It amazes me how many people talk about being such religious or Christian people and yet they are the first to turn their heads and wag their tongues about someone dressed in tattered clothes or dresses that are not fancy and fashionable by that Sunday's trends.

I am going to post a new thread here shortly, well worth reading, that really pertains to this subject.

Thanks for sharing once again Ace!

7. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    Very good piont Ace. You should be very proud to attend a Church where the Word is people. Sometimes everyone forgets that life could have been different. Judge not lest ye be judged. Powerful words written a very long time ago. I myself have been homeless and have experienced just the rejection and looks from Church going people the asume that they are doing everything that is required to justifiy there faith. That attitude did me no good. Went to that place in Branson Mo. that is run by the reverand larry rice and ask them if I could set my tent up on a small part of their very large acerage that was to be used as a holy retreat. The answer was no... but they did give me ,my wife ,and my three children. 1 tee-shirt each. And was told to go camp under the Hollister bridge. I thanked them and went on my way. A man in Branson gave me $20.00 for helping him get his truck started, so I went to one of the camp sites and rented a site. When I was getting the family set-up for the night the Larry Rice camera people came by to film yet another homeless family that your donation can help. I ran them off. My old truck made it to Cassville MO. with a lot of work and luck. There was an outreach center there and they helped me get into a trailer. then I got a job at GEORGES chicken plant and the rest is history. What I am trying to say is... If you are going to donate to a charity try your local community out-reach first. Sorry had a moment