The Heat Is On!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigblaze, Jul 16, 2006.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Get ready north carolinians the heat is on and it's only going to get worse..

I was just watching the weather..temps are forecasted to hit the 100's.. couple that with high dew points and will have heat indexes of 105-110 degrees.

For all those lucky BOC members that have to work out in it such as myself (roofing) you know the same old saying (DRINK PLENTY OF WATER)

It would be ashamed to end up in the hospital or worse yet death because of dehydration.....

So from one outside worker to another DRINK WATER!!!!

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If it's any consolation to ya, you North Carolinians aren't in this alone this week. The ol' A/C has held me hostage for the past few days with no relief in sight.:eek:oooh:

3. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I do lawn care for a living and I know how this heat can get to ya in a hurry.
    I always bring a cooler full of Ice and bottled water and take plenty of breaks so we don't get heat stroke.

4. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    This is very heavy stuff guys. I've been hit with it twice. For me, the secret is," Drink plenty of water even if your Not thirsty." I'll drink at least 8 oz. of water every half hour. Sometimes more. A baseball cap only makes it worse for me. I usually wear a straw hat. One time I had lower back muscle cramps. It had allready started, but I was able to fight it ( lose conciseness ) off.

5. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Looks like central carolina may avoid the major heat...Forecasters are backing it down a bit now just the low 100's. I'm sure the piedmont and down east will get it worse..they always do...

I feel for everybody that has to work in this mess but by wearing loose white clothing and drinking plenty of water will live to fish another day.....

As crazy as it seams if you ware log sleeve shirts it will actually keep you cooler. As you sweat the sweat cant evaporate as easy and actually helps cool your body...

6. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    supposed to be a 103 here in fayetteville today, i know its pretty hot right now, and these military uniforms dont do much to keep you cool. Heat aint no joke ive seen plenty of people with heat injuries along with Heat stroke. Drink plenty of fluids during the day and continue to rehydrate yourself in the evening to get ready for the next day.

7. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I know when I was stationed down at Bragg during road marches or PT...nco's would watch you and make you drink your entire canteen...during the hot months we had to ware our l.c.b's (mudslinger is that correct been too long) (the thing with the shoulder straps and belt where we would keep our canteens and ammo) anyway the NCO's would make you drink your entire canteen and we never had anyone fall out due to heat issues...

8. 01 Mudslinger

01 Mudslinger Member

State:
    Gretna, Va
    close man, its a LCE. yea i am a NCO now so i got to watch out for myself along with everybody else, haha, and i dont drink water like i should, if its not ice cold i cant stand it, but i force myself to drink it now thats its so hot. We try to do our best to keep everybody out of the heat as much as possible, but since we drive trucks, we work in the Motorpool outside, so ya just gotta try and get whatever needs to be done as early as possible.

9. joe0580

joe0580 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yeah i had to do the same when i was in too. i have seen a lot of heat cat 5's . and people think that you can drink a soda and that is really the worse thing to do. but i work inside now and try to keep it that way. for yo uguys outside please be careful and drink what you can and remeber to eat too. has a lot to do with it too.

10. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Water The Nectar Of The Gods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!