the hardest species to get

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, Sep 20, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    after getting flat after flat channel after channels ive decided bluecats are so hard to locate in the river were im at its no longer worth my time, i tried for 14 hours stragh with not one bite, are they known for being hard to locate,then again im not in the channel, with a boat,i blew 70 bucks trying for a big bluecat, my wife said if i say blue any more the papers will be filed. i was mad,i had all a blue would want shad skips carp ,no bites for 14 hours,below altone dam:angry: so,if any bodys got any advice on what im doing wrong id like to know, i come on here every day and here, i caght 5 blues today,it makes me mad that everybody can get them but me, if yall know me ive posted alot on blues

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Blues are deep big river fish.They swim in big deep and wide expanses of water..When they live in an environment like that yes they are hard to find cause there spread out all over the place..Thats why drifting for blues is so popular cause you can cover way more area..I sure do feel your frustration as I have been having a hard time targeting flatheads..My advice would be get a boat and start drifting..

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    My thoughts exactly Les,
    I manage to stumble on a flathead from time to time but have no luck on targeting them...:confused2:
    Puddle

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    to add to what Les said, the blue bite is better in the winter. Dec,Jan,Feb are the best months for blues ive found. i have always had to go deep any other time of the year. and it is frustrating, so i feel your pain.