Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Is it me,or do the fish seem larger than they are this year?Twice,I've thought I made it off the skunk list,only to have my scale tell me they were 13 and 15.They just don't look right.

Welcome to my world, Dredge. I find it is much better to simply let the fish get off before photo's or witnesses can see. That way, they can be any size I choose. I find I am a much better fisherman this way as the fish consistently get bigger & bigger.

Better to post no pic's and have folks think I am not catching fish, than post photo's that show just how small of fish I really am catching.

1. 23lbs
2. 27lbs
3. 45lbs
4. 57lbs
5. 34lbs

Be prepared to be challenged when you post the actual weight. :smile2:
Nobody will call you a liar.:smile2:

I am guessing that I have a pretty good guess what the weight of fish number 4 was since I caught it and weighed it.:wink: I just want to say thank you to all of you who guessed...especially Kutter at 80lbs. It made me feel much better:smile2:. By the way, the fish in my avatar is the same fish. Anyone want to change their guess?

Well I am just pretty proud of myself.

My Guess Actual

1. 40 38 over +2
2. 35 37 Under -2
3. 50 30 over +20
4 60 45 over +15
5. 38 43 Under -5

Ain't too bad for a new fisherperson and a woman.

I think you were the closest, but I didn't tabulate.
You must be wanting some nanner puddin.....:cool2: :cool2: don't encourage her..:roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I will never hear the end of it..:crazy: :crazy:

It appears that most folks over estimated which is usually the case. I know I sure did lol

Discussion starter · #37 ·
It appears that most folks over estimated which is usually the case. I know I sure did lol
Yeah, right up to the point that you have to guess the weight of my fish.....which gets understimated. Like always. I've often said I was going to let Nessie take pictures with all of my fish.

30lber??? Hmmfff.........

Discussion starter · #40 ·
The other two points were:

2) I'm getting screwed with my fish pics :angry:
3) I could use some instruction to get the "Robert Kerr" or the "Lady holding that 70lber in KC" pics. Nessie is a close 2nd, btw.

There is certainly a knack and I don't have it. It seems the "looking down at them in the bottom of the boat" is pretty telling, but I always hold my fish sideways -- unless it's a flatty.

I need input from a professional photographer. Maybe this could be a 10 minute seminar at the next meeting....???

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.