The Group of Lonely Fisherman continues to outfish the competition...

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by RooT_Fantastic, Apr 20, 2006.

1. RooT_Fantastic

RooT_Fantastic New Member

State:
    NC
    alot of people say that you are lucky to catch anyting over 20 pounds two or three times in your life... however with dedication, and great technique there is no reason you cant catch one everytime you hook up... its all in where you go, and knowing how to preserve the integrity of the spots you fish... if you fish the same hole everyday and come up with huge fish everytime, you are on to something, however you need to remember to let that fish go, and make sure it is healthy when you do so... you also need to remember that fish need a break. if you catch all the fish, they will have sore mouths and guts and not want to eat for a while, and then other bait fish will thrive in the area, and its quite possible that the larger fish will move on. please remember that there is a balance in nature, and we need to preserve that balance... dont litter our waterways, dont fish without a license, and dont keep what doesnt need to be kept... thats what cameras are for.

well thats my rant for today...

2. roncat3945

roncat3945 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats right, the Lonley Fisherman have got it going on right now. Wow, if you are lucky to catch one over twenty pounds in your life then we must be the luckiest group of lonely fisherman there are around. Well enough about that. Lets just keep up the good work and continue to show good sportsmanship to our fellow anglers.

3. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i think i know why the lonely fishermen are so lonely.:rolleyes:

who is saying you are lucky to catch 2-3 twenty pound fish in your life? i have been fishing only 4 times this year and have caught 3 over 20(in our stretch of the neuse that is only 1 foot deep) i certainly have no beef with anyone who is catching big fish regularly, in fact i envy your area and the truly nice fish it holds.

i must say, that i feel that you both joined here to defend tammee's post about her record that got away and was eaten or passed off to another fellow or something.

that's ok. we welcome everyone here who likes to fish. we may have gotten off to a rough start, but i(we) who doubted the fishes weight do not have anything against you folks at all. it just seems to me, that you 3 are always making some back handed reference about it. i have apologized for anything i said that may have offended you all, but i don't know really what that may have been. what i will not apologize for, is calling them as i see them. 85 lbs it was not.

i think that you guys do have a nice hole to fish from and you seem to be fishing quite well from what i have seen. i don't have any axe to grind and hope we can just go on with life and fish more and quibble less. if you want to be outsiders here, you are off to a good start. i want everyone to feel welcome and do not like feeling that there is someone here with some underlying issue that needs to be put to rest.

that said, if i am misunderstanding you, if by chance i am reading to much from comments in your posts, allow me to say i am sorry. but i dont think i am imagining these things. lets all just try to get along. that's all i want and i am sure it's what everyone else from the n.c. gang wants too. pony(paul) out

4. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    There are a lot of people on this site who regularly catch fish over 20lbs. In fact a lot of us regularly catch fish over 40lbs. As the weights increase of course the numbers of fisherman decrease. I'll just say that good catmen catch the largest fish available to them. Some people don't target just large fish,myself I sometimes like fish for the frying pan and all fish over twenty in my boat go back in the water. Hmm...I have a heck of a lot of photos of fish over twenty...and thirty....and 40....(hat won't fit now) oh I forgot I live on Lake of the Ozarks one of the Premier catfish lakes in Missouri. See ya on the water!

5. RooT_Fantastic

State:
    NC
    to squash all the rumors and all the gossip now... the big fish story is over... i dont want to hear anyone talking about it anymore on here cause all its doing is making people agrivated...

as for the two or three times a life thing... thats something i read on another fishing site, and i thought to be crap... thats why i posted this...

anywho... lets all keep up the great fishing, and lets remember that we are all cat fisher people... there is no reason to have any anonimity towards others.. so for everyone, if you cant encourage your fellows and say something nice... dont say anythign at all...

and pony... no one is calling you out, no one is trying to start anything about a fish... just be cool, and let it be... im not here to judge you, so please dont judge me... and what i post in my posts are my words, not defending tammee or anyone else... these are my views and opinons...

before this turns into a flame, lets just kill it here...

and to everyone.... remember fish as a team, there is no reason to get fat headded or egotisitical because you caught a bigger fish.

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    You guys are tearing me up here, I feel left out here, this is my best so far, you need to teach me how to catch them big ones.

Is there something I should be looking for ??

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Eric, was that 14 oz fish the one that was a new KY state record? LOL

8. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    root, my thoughts exactly.

i don't like conflict, it takes up too much fishing time. i will let it lie, with the understanding that anything anyone posts on the internet is subject to discussion, contradiction and/or acceptance.
    although i have not seen any instance of "mine is bigger than yours", i think you will always see people "call" other fishermen on fish stats.

you guys are indeed on fire. keep it up. i have a long time friend who is currently in newbern, i plan on goin' to stay with him and fish the big water some this year. you guys are so lucky to have enough water to be over your ankles. tight lines, paul

9. roncat3945

roncat3945 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sorry if we got off to bad start. I must say that I really enjoy reading comments whether positive or negative. We are grown and entitled to our own thoughts. Thats what makes us who we are. Anyway, the one the that got away is history and the future looks much brighter. I never thought that in only a month of fishing I would get lucky enough to catch a very large cat. But, maybe it was beginners luck or we have just stummbled onto a very good litter box full of big cats. Who knows? I will take em skilled or lucky. Its fun either way! Good fishing to you all and respectfully share your thoughts to everyone.
    Roncat

10. tammeej

tammeej New Member

State:
    NC
    lmao Deerhunter i think those fish are cute.Theres nothing that we can teach you lol we just have been lucky.

11. RooT_Fantastic

State:
    NC
    when was it.... thursday i guess my uncle bob caught two cats, one weighing in only slightly over 4 oz.. i brought the two to tammee because i didnt think anyone would believe it... but i guess he isnt the only one... way to go deerhunter!

pony... i am going to try to have my boat back in the water by next weekend (29th)... if i get it, you are more than welcome to try your luck in my boat..

so .... if the lonely fisherman tear up the neuse, can we go tear up cape fear too, or would that just be helping them :)

research right?

12. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    well, i have seen some big ones from the CF, but i'm a nooose boy ma'self.

maybe all the neuse folks should gang up on the cape folks...:p