The Grizzly Man!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chief, May 30, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    has anyone seen this?! this guy is some character lemme tell ya! lol good grief. whats everyones opinion of the guy. i think he got what he deserved, i'm suprised he made it that long

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    A nut job for sure and i'm suprised he lasted as long as he did.

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    He was protecting bears in a place that they did'nt need protecting!
    The bears had never harmed anyone, untill him and his girlfriend!
    He got the bear killed!
    And if gettin ate was'nt bad enough, they made this aweful movie about it!

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I am sorry he got his girlfriend killed, but:

Man+Grizzly country=BAIT

5. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have to admit the show about him on the discovery channel was interesting.
    The whole time I was watching it I was trying to understand this guy, but in the end I could not and the bears didn't either, so they ate him. It is a shame about the girl, though.

6. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I watched the special about him a few months ago. He was a..."character", to say the least.:roll_eyes: I think saying he got what he deserved might be a little harsh, but I do believe that had he a conscious decision to make, he might have chosen to die the way he did.

Strange fellow for sure, I'm just glad they didn't play the sounds of his death.:oops:

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey

8. PapaBear6801

PapaBear6801 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have to say that I felt bad for the girl and the bear, but in no way felt sorry for him. He knew what he was getting himself into, and brought the girl into the situation so the way I look at it is that he is responsible for her death. The bear did what it was supposed to do, kill and eat to survive. A meal was there so the bear ate it...it's nature.

9. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Just a tragety! especially for the girl! the bear, yes but that is a animal.
    He made his desisions and took his chances! maby his death will warn others of the penaltys of their desisions.

maby the new peta members should listen to the tape of the poor little teddybear eatin supper. I DON"T WANT TO!!!
    I'm a believer in what the litl chineese man said to the bear that was sniffin the man's tracks; "you likie me tracks? me makie more!! "

10. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

This reminds me of a program I saw over the weekend when this lady diver wanted to swim with great white sharks. Great whites! She wanted to hitch a ride on the dorsal fin of one, and one of her crew members forced her out of the water for her safety. She was mad because they made her get out of the water. IDIOT. Some people just don't know that fat meat is greasy until they're choking on it.

Confucious say, animal bigger than you + no weapon system = bottom of food chain....easy math

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Heck I'm not afraid of big old bears, as long as I can outrun whoever is with me.....lol

12. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Kinda sad, but the guy pretty much had it coming.

13. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    kinda sad to become a happy meal

14. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The man lived with the bears long enough to know what was going to happen.I believe that he willingly and knowingly used the bear to commit suicide.He was not that stupid.Why,who knows.I often wondered but never really knew why a lot of people sick and in pain commit suicide.Now I know.Only when I got sick,in pain and no hope did I understand.I don;t think that I will ever make that choice,but I now understand theirs.I now realize that I had no way to understand till I got where I am.I can never be in his shoes,so I will never know.peewee-williams

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Sometimes you eat the bear Sometimes the bear eats you

16. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    To me , he was a definate candidate for the Darwin Award. The gene pool got a little chlorine.

17. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Stupidity should hurt!

18. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Playing with bears is like playing with dynamite with a short fuse.The fuse reached the end.

19. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    bears like fruit and he seemed kinda fruity to me

20. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    did anyone else catch the part where he said to the camera that
    just anybody couldn't survive out here on the feeding trails?

he was admitting or suggesting that he had either a better knowledge
    of these animals OR a secret defense????

im wondering if he was rubbing the urine of the large alpha male bear on himself to keep these bears away from him and his girlfriend.

if you recall , the bear that attacked him wasn't one of the ones he was following ,but instead a rouge bear that he hadn't encountered before.

maybe the urine didnt phase this new bear but instead provoked him
    like a territory thing.

just a thought............he was sure one toke over the line too many!!:embarassed:
    yes its a tradjedy about the girl but the girl unless she was forced
    was somewhat way too niave or just dumbdumb too.
    i mean who in their right mind gets that close to a bear without a firearm???