the great white buffalo trip lol

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by slikk03, Jan 6, 2010.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    here is a little vidio of the day lol, pics below, lost a flathead, got 2 channels also small ones

[youtubevid]cpUJg9EurkE[/youtubevid]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010
  2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    slikk..........you're crazy as heck...... :messed:

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i cant help it man i just cant help it lol

4. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    at 15 degrees it had to be on ice Brrrrrrrr lol, what was the bait of the day and how was the fight ? I need one of them snow suits lol

5. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Nice carp...I snag alot of those in missouri and big heads are annopying little bast@^&$...I head them buffalo are great eating!!

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thems aint even in the carp family them are big mouth buffalow they get a bad rep due to their simaler apperance to carp, they tast better than catfish y far, there not a fighter like carp, not many people can even get theese on rod and reel, they get the smallmouth buffalow, trust me buffs are nothing like a carp, they are the worlds largest commerial fish sold in river resterants, yea it was cold that day, i can get em all day, i like carp fishing sometimes but im not targeting buff they just get on their, carp dont like jigs, buffs do

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We have a of type buffalo carp here in SC, and they fight like a gladiator.

http://www.carp-usa.info/

Good video you had. We are heading out in 16 degree weather in the morning with a 10 degree wind chill. I fully expect that we will catch between 200 and 300 pounds of blues on this all day trip. Cold weather = hammer blue time!

BB in SC

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
  9. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    WELL BLUES JUST ARE NOT AN OPTION HERE WE JUST DONT HAVE EM AND IN THIS WEATHER ITS JUST NOT POSSIBLE,TO DRIVE 3 HOURS TO FISH 4 HOURS , SO IM AFTER FLATS AND BUFFALOW FOR MY NEGHBOR, I DONT EAT THEM TO HARD TO CLEAN BUFFS

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea i hate carp, i dont mind landing a commen carp, but i still dont like any carp uhhh, buffalow are prolly third behind catfish, id rather get big walliey but buffalow are better tasting than any walliey ive ever had, but you realy got to know how to score the bones out, carp and buffs are 2 totaly diff fish, not even in the same family buffs are in the sucker familey,the bigmouths are the best to eat the smallmouths are a little more fishy tasting but their still good but not good like the great white buffalow aka bigmouths

11. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    Yeah I have never caught a buffalo but have ate them a few times when I was younger. They are really good to eat if you prepair them right. My uncle will eat any fish he catches. He even likes Gar. I guess any fish would taste decent if you prepair them correctly.

12. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    get ya some jigs out by the lock steve and see if you land some great whites, but their going to be an endangerd species due to asian carp running them out , they share the exact same habitate and feed just like an asian carp, they have been reduced by 15 percent in the last ten tears, if the carp dont stop the buffs are going to be wiped out in ten years, the carp have ruined the illinois river, its bad their dumping poison in to kill all the carp, soon the whole miss river basin will be filled with em, 20 years left fishing unless they can do something, catfish will be the last to go, the flathead will be a surviver of this, the blue cats are in some troble and the shad are getting thinner

13. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    Where ya been slikk? I beleive everyone would appreciate another home video........lol