The Great Miami River in Ohio - The bite is on!

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Spencer_Blanton, May 22, 2006.

1. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    Though I have been fishing hard for several weeks in antisipation, I believe the bite is now on for sure. Tim has done well, but the amount of time he's invested has been equally great. Saturday I fished the GMR with Don (BigCat72) and again on Sunday with Tim (BigOnes). Both nights were productive. 1 channel and 5 flatheads were caught. 2 flatheads were lost. The last one both broke my braided line and pole. Landed fish were all 15 lbs and under. Biting times seemed to be consistant at dusk, midnight, and 2 am give or take 15 minutes. Fish were biting in 4' to 12' of water. Bluegills large, small, and uncut were used. All seemed to get attention.

I'll post a picture of Sunday's fish when I get home. At 2:30 am I was too sleepy to bother. To my DEEP regret the batteries on the camera were dead on Saturday. (Sorry Don :sad2: )

Spencer

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Way to go Spencer, I was trying to see if Tim was interested in going out tonight but havent heard back from him. I may go out by myself tonight and try out some spots I been wanting to hit. Let me know if your interested, Im looking at from like 6-10 pm probably, give or take

Salmonid

3. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Had a good time fishing the gmr thanks to spencer, first time I have fished it and looking forawrd for more fishing there. Im on a quest for atleast a 50lb flat this year hopefully spencer, tim and I or anyone else who wants to go can get a few this year either at the gmr or the ohio. Was thinking about taking my boat out this weekend but forgot it is memorialday weekend,,traffic will be crazy on the lake and river.

Like to go back to the gmr this weekend so spencer or tim pm me if we can get a spot that will fit 3 on the bank.

4. pescador

pescador New Member

State:
    Ohio
    were have you guys been fishing at on the GMR ?

5. Dale1

Dale1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Are you guys fishing the upper or lower part of the Miami. I'm in Milford and havent fished the Miami in ages. I usually fish the Ohio or East Fork lake.

6. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    We've been focusing on the GMR south of Miamisburg. Look for breaks with backwater or holes with timber.