The Grand Canyon of Pa.! Awesome!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The wife and I took a road trip this past Friday to see the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania near Wellsboro Pa.! I was so impressed I wanted to start a thread so that anyone who hasn't been there can see how impressive the canyon is! :cool2: We are already planning to get back up there early October to see the Canyon in its fall splendor! :big_smile: Pics attached!

Attached Files:

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    A few more pics! :big_smile:

Attached Files:

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey thanks for the post.... Not like the AZ canyon.... but nice and green looking..... be a nice river to explore...

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats sure is a pretty outlook from where you were standing. Thanks for sharing. I may just have to go there one day

5. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Nice! Good fishing in Pine Creek too!

6. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    We used to camp southesat of there at Laporte. It's a reall nice area and the crrek near Worlds End State Park has some interesting looking areas.

7. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i was up there years ago, almost got lost on a couple of those logging trails, its a great view from the top, very cool area.

8. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Scott, where exactly is this? It looks beautiful, I would love to check it out!

9. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I used to go up there all the time when I lived about an hour from there.
    Pine Creek that flows through the canyon is one of the best trout streams in the east. Plenty of feeder creeks that are full of native brook trout.
    I used to own a camp on little pine creek till a big pine tree came through the middle of it.
    It's definitely worth a visit if you've never been there.

10. Nice Scott! I wen't there about almost 20 years ago, and we walked the Turkey Trail to the bottom. I made it 3/4 of the way down and turned around because I was already exhausted! Very beautiful up there, thanks for the report.

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Mike - The Grand Canyon is located near Wellsboro, Pa. which is close to the New York border in the northcentral part of the state. Potter County. It's about a 4 hour drive from Pittsburgh. We were told that the peak of the fall foilage would be Oct. 11 which be the perfect time for some awesome pics!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  12. campincatfish

campincatfish New Member

State:
    PA
    It is beautiful up there, we took a day trip there this year too. Wellboro is an awsome little town too, they still use the gas street lights, really something to see.
    Tony

13. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Thanks for sharing Scott! Looks like a cool place.

By the way just saw Rottenberger through that pick (not his fault, Brown hit him).

Looks like the real "Boone-Docks".:smile2:

14. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Very nice photos Scott looks like some serious wilderness there:wink:

15. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Many many year's ago me and the guy's that I worked with would go up there to fish the canyon in late Sept. This is was a real good spot for Smallie's. Walking down that switch back trail was like a day's work, but worth it. A few time's we camped there and a few time's we rented a cabin near Blackwell. Nice country up there.:wink:

16. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing Scott. I had never heard of it and probably will never get to go there. Thanks for letting me view it through your pics.

17. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    i have been wanting to go up there for some time just never got around to it, thanx for the pix. it looks alot like were a group of us go camping in romny,wv, there's a spot on the river(south branch of the potomanc) called the"trough" it's about 2-3 miles long and thats were we camp at. it's a 2000 ft valley and some of the best smallie fishing around, and all weekend you will see bald eagles. thanx again for the pix one of these days i'm going to have to make the trip.

18. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Been there quite a few times in my life, that is one of those places I have never got tired of. It's a 4 hour drive for me, but worth it everytime, specially in the fall.

19. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    beautiful pics thanks for sharing

20. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Tioga County, ain't it?