The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly!!!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by dankitch, Nov 25, 2007.

1. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    My brother and I fished a small church tournament yesterday.
    The Good: We did finish 2nd place out of 24 people in the tournament. 10 blues for a weight of 77 pounds.
    The Bad: Launch time was 6:00 a.m. I put my boat in the water. Started my engine and backed off my trailor. after about 1 minute, I noticed smoke coming out from under my console, and my motor quit running. I looked under the console to find the smoking wire and tried to unplug it. BIG mistake. I have blisters on a couple of fingers now. (Mental note to myself...DON'T touch smoking wires) I disconnected all the wires going to my battery. Got back under my console and chased down the culprit. It was the wires for my bow and stern light. The odd thing is,I wasn't using my lights and I din't even have the lights pluged in. I don't know. I just snipped the wire that shorted out and everything else worked fine. I don't know why it didn't even blow a fuse.
    The Ugly: It was about 1:00 and I had called Bill and JW to find out how they were doing. Bill said they had 3 small ones. I said to get up to the dam because my brother and I had caught 10 blues. They showed up, threw out the anchor and started to fish. As JW was throwing out his first line, the hook grabbed his other rod and got thrown out into the water. After numerous attempts to retrieve his rod he gave up. All in all, it was a pretty good day of fishing. Everyone had fun. That's what it is all about. Now I have to do some rewiring on my boat and as for JW's "lost" rod. The winner gave him the rod and reel he had won.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    poooor jw ...:smile2: who won the tournament? any big ones caught?

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Danny, congratulations on the second place finish. Sorry to here about the wiring problem. Can't wait to see the posts when the Missouri boys get ahold of the info on JW's misfortune:smile2:.

4. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Auddie Hammon (not sure if that is spelled right) won. His big fish was a 27 pound blue.

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    That was a nice gesture. Well done on the second place finish!
    Linz:wink:

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    congrats to you dan...

7. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Congrats to you Dan!! Ole JW goes and throws his rod and reel in the river just so he can con the winner out of his. Gotta watch that guy I tell ya.

8. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    good job fellas, if we didnt have any problems life just wouldnt be as exciting

9. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    it was a good day all in allwith five fish in the boatwith about 31lb of fish the big ones just was not biten at all fished with every thing that we had just no good fish as for JW rod all you can do is just lough it off it dont do any good to get mad. as for the winners they landed some were around 220 lb of fish an as the saying goes fishing in the wrong spot at the wrong time it hold true

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thats alot of fish!!

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes, it was a great gesture and was greatly appreciated. It was my own fault, I was justin to big a hurry I guess cause time was against us and we needed to get some more fish in the boat.
    I felt like I had lost an appendage when I saw it go in:sad2:!!! I still feel kinda violated, LOL!!!

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    J.W you know as well as I do... you don't rush perfection!!! sometimes it happens quickly, other times it takes minutes!!! lol rollo

13. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    jw it happens to the best of us ,i lost a many of poles, ect. myself, and it happens quick .watching it sink slowly just out of reach!! is a bummer.