The Good Stinky

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by elshale, Sep 28, 2005.

1. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    The dough bait sticks in my nose so much I hate to use it and never really catches much. But if you cut up a blue gill or two and then leave it in the sun for a day in a sealed ziplock back. Get a big breath open the bag. Close the bag walk away from the bag. Breath. big breath. Hook the bait cast. and rinse hands in water. Breath. But good thing is it doesnt stick around like dough bait. But man it stinks. And you are guarenteed a meal either a monster cat or a monster Snapper. Cut head off discard. Get a fire going. Cut shell off bottom gut cut meat from legs and tail throw vegtables and little beef broth in shell put shell on the fire. And wallah Turtle Stew and a nice new bowl.

2. Big Nick

Big Nick New Member

State:
    McKinney TX
    Sounds pretty bad! I've used shad that I found under the seat in my boat that had been sitting in a puddle of water for a couple days. It seemed to work pretty well. It caught fish anyhow. As for the turtle soup, I have never eaten a turtle and I'm a little hesitant to try it on my own the first time. I'd rather someone who know what thier doing to cook my first turtle!

3. elshale

elshale New Member

State:
    Snellville, Georgia
    hahaha. I am with you there buddy. But remember you can eat almost anything if you cook it long enough....hahahaha