The Girl Scouts Cookies

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lawnman61, Feb 3, 2008.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I always buy cookies from the Girl Scouts and this year they have a new one called the Cinna-spins and they come in a box with 5 100 calorie packs.
    I have a sweet tooth and these aren't bad at all but I always buy at least 1 box of every kind they have, besides it help support the girls.
    I also support our Boy Scouts when they sell the popcorn.
    What is your favorite Girl Scout Cookie ?
    I like the shortbread cookies the most.

Support your local youth troops.

:big_smile:

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My favorite is also the shortbread cookies. I dip em in milk, mmmmm good.

I get alittle carried away with buyin em though. I tried to behave this year and only bought 18 boxes.:smile2:

I have bought as many as 30 boxes. But that was when I had a deep freeze to keep them in. There is always 1 girlscout that loves me. I used to have 2 sisters that raced to see who could get to me first. They are grown now, but I bet their daughters will find me when they are old enough.:big_smile:
    This year I bought 6 shortbread, 6 mint, 4 caramel delights, & 2 of the new cinna-spins.
    Hope I have enough!:eek:oooh:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    We like the caramel delights. We order so many that we are shocked when the kids start delivering.

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Thats what I did last year, I bought $100 worth and put some in the freezer, I think I still have a box or 2 from last year.

I hope my daughter gets into the Girl Scouts when she gets older, I will probably buy all she gets...lol

5. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I also buy Girl Scout cookies. I like those mint cookies.

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Two daughters and granddaughters, we have bought a ton of Girl Scout cookies over the years. My favorite is caramel but they are all good. :big_smile:

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    My favorite are the caramel ones i can sit in front of the tv and eat a whole box!

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    You can never have enough Sheila...lol Go get some more sis. :big_smile:

9. Jerry60k

Jerry60k Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    As a parent of a Girl Scout, soon to be Brownie Scout and a Cub Scout I thank you all for helping.

I ended up with 50 bucks worth of popcorn that deadbeats wouldnt pay for grrr...

BTW My favorite cookies are the Thin Mints I have eaten up to 3 boxes in an evening and I sure had the heartburn to prove it.

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My son was in the Cub Scouts and I know how you feel about the people that didn't pay for their order of Popcorn.

I will always support our children.

:wink::big_smile:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Here's a link to an article containing the different varieties of GS cookies; I haven't ordered any in a couple of years, for the simple fact that if they are here I will eat them :big_smile:. Normally I don't eat "bought" cookies, but these are different. I was sad to see they no longer have the Lemon Pastry Creme; although lemon shortbread sounds pretty good.....has anyone tried the Lemonade? I would also like to know if anyone has tasted the All Abouts or Thanks-A-Lot cookies (shortbread with chocolate on the bottom).

My list would go like this: Shortbread, Lemon Pasty Creme :sad2:, Caramel deLites, Peanut Butter Patties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Scout_cookie

12. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    I buy a ton of Thin Mints and make a thin mint cheesecake.I crush em with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.Drooling like Homer Simpson right now lol.

13. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I just gained another 5 lbs. reading this!:angry::smile2:

14. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    The thanks a ot cookie are pretty darn good, I just got back from the grocery store and the girls were selling them up there and so, yes I did, I bought some more and yes, I bought the Thanks a lot ones. I like them but I still have my favorite (Shortbread cookies). :big_smile:
    I've already spent over $50 between yesterday and today on Girl Scout Cookies. :tounge_out:
    Tanya, you might try the Cinna-spins, they are in 100 calorie packs if your just watching the calories. They are pretty good too. :wink:

15. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    speaking of girl scout cookies,
    I have before me a list, it has:

Lemon chalet cremes (a lemon sandwich cookie)
    all abouts (short bread with chocolate on the bottom) very tasty!!!!
    trefoils (shortbread)
    Sugar free chocolate chip
    Do-si-do's (peanut butter cremes)
    tagalongs (peanut butter patties)
    Samoas (chocolate, caramel, coconut, enough said!)
    and thin mints

$4.00 a box.

Looks like we've sold quite a few again this year. Didn't have time to take Hailey out door to door, but, she did sell quite a few. Now the hard part.

Delivery!!!!

16. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    We usually buy one of just about everything from both my great niece and my neighbor's granddaughter. My favorite would be the caramel delights and the peanutbutter ones.

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    They sell for $3.50 a box here Tony, other places they sell for as high as $5.00 a box. But it don't matter to me, I will still support them. :wink:

18. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    10/4 on the Carmel Delights Mickey!!!! My mouth is a Watering Big time right now and I'm All Out,in fact it only took Me two weeks to polish off the 10 boxes I bought last year.Oh well I wonder if thats what happened to all My Teeth? Naw coulden't Be must of been all them Large Mouth Bass I use to eat Right? J.D.:wink: