The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Cleanup from the ice storm continues, and will for some time, one tree at a time.

Living by a river is a wonderful thing, but every one of these shattered treetops is decorated with poison ivy vines.:angry: I haven't had this much p.i. in years!

2. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Sorry my friend, sounds like a mess, what ever you do don't burn the wood if the vines are present.

3. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    We had the same problem back in 93. nothin good about an ice storm.

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Same here, Dave. Our whole area is decorated with brush piles and the limbs are so green... when you try to burn it, the sap just pours out of the "open" ends of the branches. Bird love the piles tho :smile2: A pair of mockinbirds has taken up residence in one and there's been no quiet around here since! Restocked our wood pile, too... although it needs seasoning.

Does benedryl help the poison ivy any? My first year down here, I ignorantly burned some of that stuff (actually, I think it's poison oak) and was miserable for several weeks afterwards. I dunno whether there's some chemical killer that would destroy the oil in the vines. Not sure I'd wanna take a chance on it not workin, either... even when that stuff looks dead, it's still "active".
    Take care.