The Gateway Classic

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Cuz, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The Gateway Classic​

April 5th, 2008
    Plattin Rock Boat Club
    Crystal City, Missouri (35 miles south of St. Louis)
    )​

Gateway Cats proudly presents the 2008 Gateway Classic. The good folks at Cabelas have decided to make our tournament, a FULL stop on the Cabelas King Kat Tour. Thats right, this is a full fledged Cabelas Event right here on the Mississippi River. ALOT of time and effort has gone into putting this exciting tournament together, and I hope the members of Gateway, and the Brotherhood Of Catfisherman are excited to be a part of it.

The Top 20 Teams qualify for the King Kat Classic to be held in Henderson, KY in September.

Entry fee for the Gateway Classic will be 100.00 Per Boat.

80% Payback, with the remaining 20% going to the Prize Purse at The King Kat Classic in September

All Cabelas Rules will prevail, along with all rules and regulations of the Missouri Department of Conservation.

Stay tuned for the official details soon, and what you will need to do to get signed up. The signup process will be through Cabelas, and they will making their seasonal announcements in the next couple of weeks. I will post all tournament details here in the Gateway section of the BOC, and well have a post in the Cabelas Section also.

You can expect directions and all lodging information to be posted by December 15th. Discounted lodging will be available to all the tournament anglers.

Sponsors are stacking up quickly for this Big Event. So Far the following folks have expressed an interest in attending
    1. Cabelas
    2. CatfishSafariRods
    3. West Marine
    4. Outdoor Guide Magazine
    (more getting added daily)

A tournament flyer will be posted by December 15th that has ALL the information you will need. Please be patient until that time, as alot of details are being finalized, and alot of sponsor deals are being discussed.

If you know anyone interested in fishing this exciting Tournament, please direct them to catfish1.com, and tell them to look in the Partners In Catfishing Section for Gateway, or Cabelas for information. Tell em, while they are there, to JOIN up with the Brotherhood Of Catfisherman and stay awhile. :wink:

Gateway Cats wants to expressly Thank The Brotherhood Of Catfisherman, the folks at Cabelas, and The Plattin Rock Boat Club for making this all possible.

More exciting news coming soon, but at least wanted to let everyone know whats going on for now.

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    That my friend is very very exciting!! I will be there with bells on!! :crazy:

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    And I wish the large man with bells on the best of luck. Just leave the high heels at home :wink::smile2::smile2:

4. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    No worries!!! I can't wait to get there!

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    One other thing RAT, there arnt any Locks and Dams you'll have to get through to make weigh in. LMAO!!!! :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Thanks Cuz, for doing all you have to make this happen. I haven't a clue how much time, money, and effort you have been putting in lately, but I do know it is far above the call of duty. Thanks again.

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Cuz, thanks for all your hard work in putting this tournament together. It sure is gonna be a blast. Can't wait!!:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

8. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    This will be a great time for all! Great Job John! The ole Cus amazes us once again!!

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'd be lying if I said it hadnt taken a little bit of a toll on me, but the satisfaction you guys get from the Club, and the get togethers, and the tourney, are more than reward enough for me. I'll get some rest in January and February. This wouldnt have been so exhausting if I hadnt been doing a full Airbus initial at the same time. :eek:oooh: I hope you guys enjoy everything. I couldnt have done any of this without all of your enthusiasm and support. You guys kept me going and for that I am thankfull.

For those of you that dont find fishing tourney's your thing, your more than welcome to come join in on the fun at the boat club, which basically means sittin around all day shooting the bull. :wink: OleJer will keep you company too. LOL

10. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Look at the bright side.. The Kutter-Cane doesnt fish tournaments anyhow. So it will NOT be raining!

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yeah, but every time a Kutter-Cane moves through the area, I CATCH FISH. I might get ol Kutter a nice comfy chair to sit at the boat club and bring Cuz Luck. :smile2: The last KutterCane that came through, Branden and Eric whacked 44 and 72 pound fish. I'm beginning to think this Kutter has some sort of mystical powers. :smile2:

12. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'm not sure if I'll fish competitively at that level (i.e. donate $100.00) but I'll for sure be there.

I might fish it though if someone talks me into it as it would be exciting and fun and all. Plus, why set on the bank all day when you could be fishing?

Not sure about a partner though. Planned on fishing a tourney once with my #@%&^$@ brother (where are you piperat?) but that went to He!! in a handbasket before we even got in the water.:crazy:

Exciting stuff regardless Cuz. I don't care what they say about you, you're starting to look like a decent human being to me. Well, in a shallow, superficial sort of way, beings that I have never actually met you. I hear your wife makes excellent cookies though. Thats why most of the guys hang with you I hear. I'd like to try those cookies myself someday.

13. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We will get you set up buddy.. Before you know it, you will be hooked from all the excitement that a tournament like this has to offer.

14. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    This sounds great Cuz! I can't believe that our little club is gonna be included in with the King Kat tour....Now I just have to find a good partner and win this thing.:wink:

15. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Hey Darryl. If you can't find anyone to go and fish that tourny with You just give me a call I will fish with ya. You can't be as bad a fisherman as everyone says you are. LOL...

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Gee thanks Rusty! LOL:eek:oooh:

Haven't heard a peep out of you since that 'fishing contest' of which we cannot speak. Shhhhhh!

17. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I think you two would make a fine tournament pair, and a force to be reckoned with. Afterall, you two would have the HUGE advantage of being the ONLY team that has access to the illusive skipeye herring for bait. :smile2::wink: Just couldnt help myself my friend Darryl. I had to do it. I cant let it go. Its like the Jerry Springer Show. Its like Death and Taxes, its something I MUST do on a monthly basis. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Ok, buddy, lets hear that famous line in BIG BOLD LETTERS, HAR DE HAR HAR HAR. ROFLMAO!!!!!!

18. Vince Copple

Vince Copple New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The one to watch out for is Gary.. The quiet type that is just playing with us being the Skunk Master!

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Great work on getting this together Cuz. I hope to make it over there to fish the tournament.

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Oh yeah, you know I am feeling the excitement in the air once again. The joy of all those amongst us gleefully chuckling at the ole skipeye's expense.

I feel the love so I must therefore thank you with all due sincerity. You have renewed my faith in my fellow man, that no F-up will go unpunished!

HAR-DE-FREAKIN-HAR!

Excuse me, have to leave for my appointment with my therapist! This fishing gets expensive when you throw in all the professional counseling fees!:look_down: