THE FROZEN FOUR

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by catman-j, Feb 14, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    PREDICTIONS?

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    ......................Michigan! ...........Go Blue!!!!

3. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I think Michigan has a chance but it looks like Notre Dame will win the conference title.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sadly the frozen four receives little media coverage in my area. I guess mainly cause we don't have a local school that is ever involved. I would really enjoy watching some of the games. Is ESPN or any other network showing the games?

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well that may be, but I can tell ya when they were over here at St. Louis, about all you ever heard on it was the sports section on the local news. But man when it is the mens/womens baskett ball it is all over the place.

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    heck im in Georgia.........the only hockey i get to see is the trashers....and the game of the week on sunday...I think you need the delux cable package to catch some college hockey......like espnU, or big-10 network should show some games.........hopefully the championship game will be on regular espn?

7. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    didn't michigan beat notre dame last month?

did anyone hear about that dirty play during the last michigan vs. michigan state game? michigan player laid out a state guy cleanly in open ice.....next thing ya know once michigan state player closelined the michigan guy....then another comes and kicks him in the face while he's down.........i beleive both state players were stripped of their scholarships and kicked out of school.

8. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    The video of that incident is on you tube. The players were cory tropp and andrew conboy. tropp went back to soo city to play for his ushl team and the ushl upheld his college suspension. conboy saught a pro contract from Montreal who had drafted him and they sign him with their AHL affiliate the hamilton bulldogs but he's not on their roster anywhere and he's not on the roster of their AA affiliate the cincinatti bombers. conboy committed to playing for Neb-Omaha but went to play for michigan st instead. His brother got kicked off of his college team for the same type of antics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-sYE1DsMs

Sorry about the profanity coming from the michigan fans.

9. PaCatfishHunter

PaCatfishHunter New Member

State:
    Greensburg, PA
    I like watching the frozen four. It's usually on espnu. I don't know how the brackets will look but I think the four best teams are Norte Dame, Boston, Denver, and Michigan. I think Norte Dame is going to win it all but they still got to play the games. A couple of other teams to watch out for is Northeastern and North Dakota

10. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I think you are right about Northeasern. Alaska has an incredible goalie (Chad Johnson) but their offense isn't the greatest. But watch for them in the post season. He's a senior so Neb- Omaha won't have to contend with him next year thank God.