The Free Reps Points Challenge!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Aftercats, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Well here is the deal! Any Star member that can show me what a good Cat looks like with how they caught em will get Free Rep Points from me. Good Luck and hope to see your pics!

Daryl
    Aftercats

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Caught the one in my avatar on 8/0 circle hook, 1 oz slip sinker, fresh eel.
    Also used a 30# flourocarbon leader 18". Kept the reel in gear and waited for the hit, waited a second or two then started reeling in. Time of day was 6:00 pm. I fish a tidal river and caught this one with many others 1 hour before dead low tide.

3. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    what i have on my avatar is the ever elusive hybrid catbass. caught on artificial skipjack with treble hook attached to belly. I removed the tail from the bait and added some horse hair for added flavor.:big_smile:

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    This 1st Flathead Pic was caught in the Scioto River with a Bluegill. Caught when water levels were up. We caught 3 nice kitties that night.

The second pic is my first blue that I ever caught. It was caught out of Tinboats Toon and was caught on cut skipjack.

The third pic is the first Flathead that I ever caught. Was caught in the GMR with crushed gold fish. Steve Cat took me to show me how to catch Flatheads.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    The flat head displayed in my display was caught on a garcia 6500 c3 on a big game 8' rod using a three way swivel, 25lb test line on rod and circle hook and a 15lb break away line on my home made 4oz pyramid sinker! I caught him on the Des Moines river!!! My first flathead, they are pretty rare around here, and to get a big one to boot is great!!!

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The flathead below was my best fish of 2005 it came around 2am, in shallow water on fresh cut shad.

Attached Files:

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    this is my best so far this year, caught this flathead during the BOC summer smash fishoff. ( 17lbs )

Attached Files:

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Here are some photos of some Channels that wanted to drop by and say Hello to me (lol:happy: ).
    :0a23:
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

Attached Files:

9. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    27 pound Blue caught on a whole 10" Shad on a 8/0 hook on a 10 hook throw line. The line was in 20' of water under a steep embankment.

Attached Files:

10. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The channels in the avatar were caught on shrimp/chicken liver from a dock in a S. Iowa lake. The fish averaged about 6#. Abu 6500c3 on an ugly stik.

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey aftercats here is a pic of one my wifes fish she caught last year we have caught some bigger but i was so proud of her this was her first trophy she got in the boat we fished just up stream from a 30 foot hole baited her 8 foot bigcat med heavy rod with gold eye herien dropped it off the side off the boat 10 mins later her okuma reel was screaming after pulling achor twice and 20 min later he was in the net and in the boat
    as you can see im not a star member yet but i just joined and i plan on being one soon

Attached Files:

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I caught this Flathead about a month ago while fishing in the pouring rain around midnite on my local river. The Flatty took a live Bluegill fished on a 5/0 Kahle hook using a 3 oz. no-roll sinker rigged Carolina style.

Attached Files:

13. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    The pic of the flathead in my avatar was caught on the Ohio at about 3 or 4 a.m., using cut shad, i always tight line so i was cutting some bait up for my other rod and when i looked up, the rod was doubled over...I set the hook, and the rest is history..LOL

14. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    This one was caught using a 2oz no roll sinker with an 18" 20lb Cajun Line Leader. Hooked to a barrell swivel. He was hooked on a 4/0 circle hook on cut shad. He was pulled in my my abu 6000 on a berkley big game rod! He weighed 7 lbs!

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Daryel,

He are some more that became victims (lol).
    :0a23:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

Attached Files:

16. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here's some my clients caught. Does that count? Methodology: Cut bait... skipjack or bluegill. My typical pattern is 3-way swivel... 3 oz. sinker on a dropline app. 2.5 feet.... 7/0 Daiichi circle hook on dropline app. 1.5 feet. I will vary dropline depth on different rods... more dropline in slack current, less in heavy current. Fish hold tighter to bottom with heavy current. I prefer drifting with current (if there is any), using trolling motor to keep drift slightly slower than current (lines just barely trailing back). However if no current, I ease along slowly with trolling motor to cover more water. Don't let sinkers drag or you'll hang... use constant, gentle up-down jigging feeling the sinker constantly "thump" the bottom. Just keep doing it until something "thumps" back. Don't try to "set" circle hook... let fish take rod tip to the water and then start reeling.

Attached Files:

17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    the one in my avatar was a good cat it tasted great :lol: just kiding i release most of my cats ,it was caught on cut shad earlier this year in a hot water discharge 15' of water on my abu 7000 and 7' ugly stick and a 5/0 j hook my brother took the pic have caught several sence but dont have pics just video good luck to you

18. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well I had a young boy 13 and his grandfether out for there first catfishing trip ever and his 3rd fish was this nice 39.7 lb blue cats.

Attached Files:

19. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The fish in my avatar pic is a 37 lb. blue caught near Cape Girardeau,Missouri on the Mississippi River in Nov. 2004. We used Quantum Cabo trolling reels spooled with 100 Power Pro mounted to Quantum Big Cat rods rigged with a three-way setup and needed 8-12 oz. to keep the bait on the bottom and used 8/0 Kahles w/ various cuts of fresh Skipjack hanging from them. I also landed a 20 lb. blue and my buddy landed the biggest of the day, a fat 43 lb. blue.

20. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Thanks guys for sharing! Please pass it on to your friends to have them post there stories and pictures. And challenge them to take someone out that has never been and show them how much fun it is to enjoy the commradery and friendship while out there trying to land that big one. Hope to hear some more from you all soon! Good luck and catch a big one!

Daryl
    Aftercats