The fishing commandments

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ghoulscout 13, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    here is what i hope every BOC member will endorse and distribute while fishing. oh and feel free to add your own to the list

1, thou shalt not invade anothers fishing hole
    2, thou shalt respect thys fishing partners and fellow anglers
    3, thou shalt not pollute the water ways of this great nation, be they public or private
    4, thou shalt only keep what catch thou plans to use
    5, thou shalt not do anything to intentinally interfer with anothers right to fish
    6, thou shalt not lie to fellow anglers on what tackle or baits you are using to catch fish (but you dont have to offer this information either)
    7, thou shalt not make fires on the bank (they make a thing called a flashlight now, use it!)
    8, thou shalt not destroy either public or private fishing areas, this includes but is not limited to building fires on the bank, living trash and poulution, breaking glass intetnionaly(accidnets will happen), and the destruction of wild life(be it animal or plant, unless it is harmful to you and poses a threat)
    9, thou shalt not kill fish for the sake of just killing fish.
    and 10, using land even public to fish is a privlege not a right, so respect the land, officials, and the others around you!

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I agree with every thing but the fire. Whats up with that? :big_smile:

3. flat1

flat1 New Member

State:
    WV
    i agree 100% i lost a fishin hole a private pond do too other people trashing it thr owner stoped all fishing it was the best bass and crappie hole i ever had i landed my best ohio large mouth 23 inches from that pond and took several large crappie home to the skillet i miss that spot verymuch

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Ok good post except the one about the fire. whats the deal on that. only thing I ask is if they start a fire before they leave put water on it and make sure it is out. Saw some city workers on the river bank they had a fire going and guess what when they left the fire was still burning. How stupid can that be, And city workers on top of that .
    Real Dumb People.

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I agree with everything but the fire. I do a lot of night fishing and generally have a fire for warmth, cooking and light. I am a responsible pyro and always put my fires out!

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    11. Thou shalt not kill a snake simply cause it is there

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    12. Thou shalt not let Arlington build the fire or thou shall findeth outeth whyeth

8. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    And when you find yourself in a situation where you have to re-line out on the water..PROPERLY dispose of your old line...NOT IN THE LAKE/RIVER.

9. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Thou shalt not let Mellon cast thy net
    Thou shall do Honey do so fishing does not become Honey Don't
    Thou shall lie if needed and tell thy wife the boat is not more important than her
    Thou shall check plug twice before casting thy boat into the water..
    Thou shall not pee into the wind off the boat

10. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I agree with all but the part about the fire Ido a lot of winter fishing and Iagree with KYLE ON THE LINE

11. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i only say the fire because i damages the bank spots and out here we had a private lake that a company owned and was very happy to let people fish, get closed down beacuse people went in there and made fires.

so the new comandment should read
    7, thou shalt not make a fire for the sake of just light, (they make flashlights now, use em!), and if it is a private lake, thou shalt check with the one who owns it to ensure that the fire is ok.

12. flatheadmaniac

flatheadmaniac New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i agree with everything that has been said. the fire though strikes me oddly, but as long as it is controlled and put out before leaving there shouldnt be a problem.:big_smile:

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am guessing the fire is for the people that dont want light on the bank. But, I dont agree with it either.

14. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I agree with everything but the fire also...

The fire is for some light (though it's not very good for that), cooking dinner (which I may be catching right after i build that fire), and warmth (I'm a skinner feller that gets cold quickly).

That being said:

Thou shalt obey all laws set forth by the lands thou art fishing (this would include fishing regs and fire laws, both from the state and the owners of the land you are on)

15. countrygirl0569

countrygirl0569 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah, lol, I agree with you lol

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Well I think you could say a controled fire is alright but keep it under control at all times

17. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Maybe it should read bonfire. I often need a fire to help with the cold minnesota nights and to help with the skeets. Its always a small little burner fire but I often see people with monster fires that are dangerous and light up the whole river, then they wonder why they arent catching any fish.:roll_eyes: