The fish with toddler teeth caught in Texas

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sairving, Jul 19, 2006.

1. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I just watched a clip on Yahoo that showed a fish with toddler teeth that was caught in a lake here in Texas. They were saying it was an Amazon fish. He looked pretty cool though.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I saw it & it looks like a PACU to me.

3. knapperheadmatt

knapperheadmatt New Member

State:
    texas
    i think H2O MELLON is right. we spent last christmas in brazil and caught a bunch of pacu. we used some sort of fruit for bait. pretty cool they fight good. i was using a little travel rod with 6lb test and got spooled once.the rivers were closed due to spawning season.next trip will be to the amazon for big cats and peacock bass. good luck,
    matt

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thats a scary thought

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio

Reminds me of a story that a guide from Minnesota told me. Shoot heck, I'll finish this in the Muskie section!

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Thats exactly what I was thinking too Arlington..LOL

7. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I bought one about 6 pounds that had human-like teeth at a fish market in Charleston South Carolina several years ago and brought it back to Tennessee and told the guy at the local bait shop that I caught it in the Cumberland River at Lock C.

He wanted to keep it in the cooler and ask the game warden what it was if he came by that day. He was showing it to everyone and finally showed it to a guy who knew I went to SC but didn't know I had got back yet. The bait shop guy said "Come in here and look at the fish McCoy caught last night." The other guy said McCoy ain't been fishing, he's in South Carolina". Then the bait shop guy realized he'd been had and I had to lay low for a while.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I agree, looks like Pacu. Just did a little net surfing and found it.