The fish or the fight ?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by phlatheadphatty, Sep 8, 2008.

The Fight Or The Fish ?

1. That was like tugging in a turtle , Wake Up And Fight !

2. Wow that was easy , nice size fish !

3. Heck man , I just came to fish , quit thinking Eienstien and join in !

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. phlatheadphatty

phlatheadphatty New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Me and my buddy had a pretty good trip , caught several blues in the 9 - 16 lb range . We was discussing how the bigger one's seemed lazier and it got my rusty cogs to turning whats more important when CPR'ing , the Fish or the Fight ?

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Can't have one without the other. BOTH! :)
    Bill in SC

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Makes no difference,If it gets hooked on my line,Its all fun.

4. phlatheadphatty

phlatheadphatty New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah , a fish is a fish , I have had too many skunked trips to look a gift cat in the mouth ! :eek:oooh: Just wandering what others thought , myself being pretty new to kitty fishing . BTW here are some pics of the night .

Attached Files:

• 014.jpg
      014.jpg
      File size:
      11.5 KB
      Views:
    • 020.jpg
      020.jpg
      File size:
      19.5 KB
      Views:
  5. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hey I'm easy! it's all good!!

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice fish, Mike.

7. Ghosth

Ghosth New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I go fishing for a lot of reasons, sun, water, trees, wildlife all play a part. As does spending quiet time with my wife.
    And even just time to sit and think and stare at the water.
    But most of all to I go to see if I can get into a real contest, put a real bend in my rod. As such I'm not real fussy about what fish does it. Catfish are good, carp are also fun, I've had a drum do it for me.

I don't expect to win every time, in fact if I win half the time I'm happy. As a matter of fact even if I lose I'm ussually happy. I came, I saw, I did my best, and had fun doing it.

Yes I'll keep a few for the table, depending on size, species, and the mood I'm in.

Really big fish are hard to come by up here in the Dakota's and Minnesota. Especially on a very limited budget. Northern Pike, Walleyes, Largemouth bass are the popular ones. I've caught my share in the past, some good memories there.

For now I'm just as happy trying to outsmart a 10+ pound catfish or carp.

Someday maybe I'll get the chance to try Gar, Tarpon, or big blues & flatheads. But for now I'm happy spending quiet afternoons relaxed in a chair by the river.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    :big_smile_2:Yup FISHIN!:haha:

9. Guido

Guido New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You know I would have to agree with you. Last week me and my buddy went fishing and i got lucky enough to land a 15lb. channel cat and it gave me a fight. It put up more of a fight than my 22lb. blue. But 22lb. is my best so far so I dont know what the real big ones fight like but I WILL find out.

10. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I like a fish to have a good fight and make it interesting. It's always nice to get a picture of a big one, especially if your in a contest. But in the end they all go back in anyway.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I just like catching them period. If they fight, its more exciting but either way, Im just glad to get another one, get the pic and let it go.

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've always loved to go fishing!!!! Whether or not, I'm fishing for skipjacks or Bluegills, Flatheads or Bluecats or channels or stripers.....I always enjoy catching the big ones the most. I guess I love the fight of a big fish. I spent most of my childhood days fishing for anything that would bite, mostly small Bluegills and Bass. Nowadays , I target the monsters!!!! And CPR them all. Whenever I need meat for the freezer.....I target some medium to small sized eaters. Scrumpdilliishis( YUM-YUM).:smile2:

13. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i like a good fight but if im catching fish im not complaining if its not a fighter

14. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    My opinion is the whole package deal,(combination of it all). The search, the strike, the fight, the catch, and release. Then the best part is telling lies, oops I meant the story. LOL

15. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    the best part of fishing for me is watching my wife and kids catching fish and eating fish. my kiddos always tell me i cook fish better than anyone else. it's funny because i am the only one who has ever cooked fish for them. my older daughter has been on a release kick lately. she is noticing that there are big fish of whatever species. like we were catching bluegills for bait last spring and she was releasing all the bigger ones because they were spawners. last week she caught a 7 pound channel cat and i was fixing to throw it in the basket, and she said it was getting let go. i always tell the kids that it's up to them what to do with a fish, she just kind of surprises me sometimes. i have been teaching the kids selective harvest, but she is taking to it a little better than i would have expected.

16. SHE-CAT

SHE-CAT New Member

State:
    Dallas, Georgia
    I mostly fish for the fight! We do eat some though.

17. dburkhead

dburkhead New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish for dinner, so it's the fish.

Unfortunately, if my family had to rely on my fishing skills, we'd probably starve to death.

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    After a 30lb healthey pissed off flatt-its the fight and fish:roll_eyes: