The First Hit!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Catchinbiguns, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Man I was just talking about this with a buddy the other day. It seem like when or before you can get relaxed you get that MONSTER bite. If you're a few feet away, And you catch it out the corner of you eye, Seems like you go into hyper-speed getting back to your rig. Well with me it always seems like I hear that Orchestra hit that low B note.

2. SangamonCatKiller

SangamonCatKiller New Member

State:
    central illinois
    Or you'll see the rod moving a bit and kinda hover over it with your hands, ready to snap back. Instead you take a drink of your beverage and the dang thing hits. You spilled you drink all over yourself !

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    had this happen to me a while back i was fishing on the rocks near the spill way climb up to the bushes and relieved my self and my rod was almost comeing out of the rocks headin into the water i started to climb down then i started to slowly do a roll into a cartwheel down the rocks into the water i went.... woowee lil cold!!! finaly got to reeling my chunk of wood in sure was a biggun :0a11:

4. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Or better yet you have 3 or 4 poles out and you get a hit on one but no fish so you check your bait and right in the middle of putting new bait on the farthest pole from you bends half way over and you get a hook in the thump trying to get to it, while tripping over your tackle box , dip basket and getting tangled in your cast net while kicking your soda bottle into the water.;)

5. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    LMAO hope no one was lookin

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Eating is when I get mine! If it's a slow day, all I got to do is hold a sandwich in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other and its "fish on!"

7. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    I agree with Delta,that is when it happens most to me:)

8. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL! I'm with you on that one Delta! I was sittin in my chair with a big freshly grilled burger on a plate puttin on my fixins and all of the sudden I'll look up and see my pole bent down! I jump up and drop my sandwich, get to my pole and it turned out to be a two pound channel cat!:mad: I thought for sure it was going to be the State record!:rolleyes: I should of cooked it up!:)

9. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I know of two other things that can get you a nice hit. Start packing to go is one and getting a call on the cell phone is the other! I have just about thrown my cell phone in the water a couple of times!

10. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Seem like when I get distracted I get the most action.

11. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Packing up never fails to get a bite. One place I go with friends the parking lot is just about 30 yards away, and it never fails we will be taking stuff to the vehicles when one of the women will start yelling!!!!

Ray

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Same here man! I hate it when that happens....lol....Man, oh man...I have had some terrible experiences because of that...lol:eek: One of which I ended up rolling down a hill and hitting some rocks...ouch!:eek:

13. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    its real funny when u hear a weird suckin noise look up yer bobbers gone then u see yer brand new rod and reel draging into the water run down there set the hook and the line snaps cause of a bad slip bobber now that sucks

14. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    When my Girlfriend want to come with me fishing i do the same thing :)... she hates it too cause we're making out and i always have an eye on my rod and not always paying full attention to her... I stopped bringing her because the 2 loves would off set me and i'd just be getting in trouble.

15. nosnag

nosnag New Member

State:
    Florida
    I find that if the day is slow on bites,I only have to cast out my conventional reel without thumbing it correctly.While I'm taking out the bird's nest from the spool,the biggest fish of the day will hit and embed the line so deep it disappears,If I'm lucky enough to bring it in,I spend the next 1/2 hour getting the snarl out.:blush-big

BILL

16. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    The things like this really make me want to fish more. Just think if we were bass fishers, we could not even get a chane to experience these things.

17. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I just sit there and wait, for the big one to come.

18. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Reeling one in and my partner gets a hit and then my other pole starts bending. So He can't help me and I can't help him. I'm sitting there holding two poles high in the air while he's getting his in so he can take one of my poles.

19. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    They definantly watch us even at night. Me and my buddy will sit for hours without a bite and as soon as his girlfriend calls him and he walks a little ways away his pole doubles over. Or as soon as I decide to lite up a smoke and have a drink in one hand I ALWAYS get a bite. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I do these things after I haven't gotten a bite in a while and am bored or maybe it's just a coinsidense.:confused: