The first deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by ole whiskers, Aug 1, 2008.

1. ole whiskers

ole whiskers Guest

What did you shot your first deer with and how big was it?

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    6 point with a Marlin lever action in .35 Rem., I was 12 years old and I thought I'd killed the state record.

3. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    A button head with a bow. Will never forget that one.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    First one was a nice 170 lb fork horn Mulie,way back ,I was 17 my rifle of choice was a model 788 rem in .243. Its still my deer getter. incedently,I took that one at 200 yds.

5. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    spike buck with 20 gauge shot gun.i was 13 and hunting tall peak mountain by shady lake.first year i was permited to hunt.

6. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    10 years old, a 154 pound (field dressed weight) doe with my single shot NEF 20 ga. I was thinkin about it not long ago and im thinkin im gunna break that gun out and hunt with it this fall ;]

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Dink doe with a winchester 94 thuty thuty, highland county VA November 1970 16 years old. Ruined me, I can't get enough ever since!:big_smile:

8. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    ky 7 pointer throw the the heart with 3030 winchester.

9. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Fifteen pointer in my avatar, 30-06 at 150 yards. Deer was in a full sprint from the time I saw him, stopped for a second when I hollered at him(whistle didn't work) and down he went. Can hardly remember.lol

10. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Richard, mine was also with a Remington 788 in .243 but my rifle has the carbine barrel. My buck was an eighty-one pound six point.

11. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    fifve by five 200 pound whitetail. 40 yards running with a 30-30 marlin

12. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    My first deer was a doe, shot with a 12 ga. on my 12th birthday. I can take you right to the spot she droped.

13. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    4 point with an old English long bow @ approx 55 yds running I was 15 years old, will never forget that one

14. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Small six pointer facing right towards me. Shot right under the chin. Ran about 100yds thought for sure I had missed.

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    First deer was a basket rack 7 pointer over corn:embarassed:, dont use corn anymore though. Got him with a 30/06 about 60 yards away. Ive also taken deer with compound bow and smokepole.

16. omegaman66

omegaman66 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Spike buck, 2.5 years old with my Savage 30-30 pump.

17. muddyjet

muddyjet New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The first was a 210lb 8 pointer. It walked within 20yds of my stand turned and started grunting. Within minutes another 8 pointer shows. The two fought right there, when they stopped I shot the best looking one. The other was killed the following morning within 100yrds of my stand.
    I was 14 and it was the first time I had even stepped foot in those woods, my girlfriends brother gave me his stand that morning....What a good guy!!:wink:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    great thread. my first was a couple seasons ago. just never had the paitence in younger days. shot a button top at 7:00am opening day of firearm with a .45 cal cva muzzeloader. and another one last day of muzzeloader at dusk. doe. im a meat hunter. the racks are a bonus.

19. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Mine was a small doe at 75 yards with a .308 Winchester model 88. I was 14, and Dad was with me. I took the shot, and she hit the ground, rolled, got up, and ran 100 yards. We found her, and I had taken out the heart and both lungs... those critters just don't want to die. I'll never forget it.

The next one was a nice 8-point at 15 yards on the ground with my 30-30. I managed to sneak up on him, about a half-hour after he trotted past me with a doe. He heard me and spooked, but when he circled back to see what I was, I was ready. Two quick shots with the lever gun and he was on the ground. It was an incredible hunt.

20. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I was 13 yrs old. Button buck with a 12 gauge Model B Fox double barrel. Turned away from me. First shot was with buckshot. The deer didnt move...The second shot was a slug. I gutted the deer with the slug...lmao. When we skinned him out, we found all the buck shot in his back. Must have been parilyzed best we could figure.

The second one was a 11 pointer non typical with a Marlin 30-30 lever action. I was 14 then... Been down hill since then as far as points go...