The final countdown

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Cattoo, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i was fishing one of my favorite rivers yesterday and it was getting late , the bite had slowed way down and i started the "one more cast" ritual. you know the drill "i'll only bait up one more time" or "this is it, the last cast". i'm sure we all do this but does anyone else besides me give yourself a countdown? i started doing this years ago as a way to drag my fishing trip out as long as i could. i'll pick a number to count to and then i'm done. usually i count to 100 but sometimes if i'm feeling really lucky i will actually give it an extra ten count. real slow too. i have ,by some miracle of fate ,actually picked up a few fish like this.i was just wondering if i was the only imbecile who does this or not.

2. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Once I figured it is time to go I countdown 15 minutes without a bite and it is over. I will put my stuff up and get the boat ready during that time.

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    I don't do that,it sounds weird. I just say okay it's time to quit and then I baitup and throw back out. I keep doing this until I'm late getting home and in trouble with the wife. You would think she would understand by now!

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I am just oppisite of you Rip my wife is the one that always wants to stay later. I myself when I am ready to go I am ready. lol

5. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been out there for several hours waiting for the fifteen minutes. If they bite that good it is worth staying.

Mutt,

My wife is the same way.

She always tells me she thinks I could catch more fish around heavy barge traffic.

Maybe that is why my kid looks like the FedEx guy. :lol: Or is that the UPS guy? No doesn't look anything like Dale Jarrett.