the ever growing zucchinis

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by ncfowler, Jun 26, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    Once again summer is upon us and the garden is doing just fine, we have tons of green tomatos, the yellow bean are bout ready to be picked, our pepper are peppering, and O-MY-GOD!!!! what is that big baseball bat thing under that plant? Yea the zukinies are in. It always shocks me how fast they can grow. one day there only a inch or two long and the next morning it is the size of a baseball bat. I love fresh zuks and yellow squash, I'll eat it steamed, grilled, fryed, any way one can come up with. Heck my wife even makes cakes and bread out of the stuff. I like my zuks in the 8"-10" range for cooking they are the most tender then, my bud likes them even smaller. One time we were on vacation and my neighbor was spost to end our garden, he forgot for a day or two and he came out with one being over 3' long and about 20lbs. I have never seen stuff grow so fast. I know when the tomatoes start getting ready to pick there will be a ton of them real fast but lets face were talking about a plant with lots of fruits on it, Yea a tomato is fruit. I have one dish i love making it has yellow beans, zuks and yellow squash, in a tomato base with garlic. well just wanted to share this with you all, everone enjoy your summer and pick a zuke or two. jeff

2. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey old Man. Check out your local Food Bank. They will take fresh vegetables in a heartbeat.

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM fresh zuk bread drooling as I think about it.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    My neighbors and I have an agreement, one Zucchini plant per neighborhood. If we didn't, we would run out of folks to give them all to. Every summer weekend, at least one neighbor is pulling a wagon behind his riding mower, passing out whatever he is overstocked with. One year, the wagon wasn't enough for me and my sweet potato crop. It took my truck & 4 X 8 trailer.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i should be picking one soon.:wink:

zuchinni.

my pumpking blossom and zuc patch.

horseradish.