The End of the Year is Upon Us...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WylieCat, Dec 30, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    One day left to fish and I am at 991 cats. I went out this morning and caught nine, but it took some work to find them. I will be at it on New Years Eve at daylight to see if I can reach my goal of 1,000 for 2006. They are calling for rain, so it may be a miserable hunt!! :smile2:

2. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    Good job. Happy New Year. Everyone

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    All I can say is WOW a 1000 cats?!!!? Id be lucky if I caught 50 this year. Good luck out there hopefully you can get 1001.

4. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    :cross: Way to go WC hope you make it

5. Rebelcat16

Rebelcat16 New Member

State:
    Hickory Grove,SC
    hope you get your 1000 cat

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WC. Your present catch is already higher than my dreams. Congrats and I hope you reach that 1000 goal. Get Er Done:cool2:

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I hit the water at daylight this morning under cloudy skies and the threat of rain. Temps were in the 40's and I headed to where I was catching fish yesterday. The bite was slow to begin with and by 10:00am I had only three fish and the rain came.

No more bites as it rained for 1 1/2 hours.

I gutted it out and the rain stopped around 11:30am and a few minutes later I had a double on. This was followed by another double and 45 minutes later. Things were looking better. I made some smaller figure eights in the area where the doubles came from and caught one on each pass.

Around 12:30pm on January 31st I had reached the 1,000 fish mark. I was finishing up the pass and caught two more back to back within 200 yards brining the total for 2006 to 1,002.

I hope that everyone has a great year in 2007!! :smile2:

8. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Well congrats on the outstanding year. I am glad to hear that you hit your 1,000 fish mark. Way to go.

9. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Congrats on a nice catch, and happy new year!