The end of an era

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Bobpaul, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    For this boat, anyway.

A friend of mine, Mike, has an off shore fishing boat, but still wanted a smaller jon-boat for the intercoastal and tidal marshes.

Another friend, Jim, had just the jon-boat for Mike, and Jim would rather have a larger boat to go shark fishing with.

Now, Mike also had a 176 Family Fisherman, Aquasport, with a 140 hp evinrude, that was perfect for Jim's needs as a shark fisherman.

An even trade was set up between these two guys, by me:wink:, if the Aqusport was delivered to Ga.

We left here Sunday morning and returned with this jon-boat in tow.

Some of you might recognize it as the first boat with this particular decal on it.

Attached Files:

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Well,I can see that you did not run any red lights in Ludowici or does Jim have an in with the man.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Not only are ya good at repairs and BBQ sauce. Ya are a match maker also. LOL!

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Don't yea just love it when two people can find a common interest and come out smileing over it and you were a part of it. I vaguely remember seeing that boat on some olde previous post.

5. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    A bit of a remake will be in progress.

Most of the rivited in rod holders will be removed, and sad to say, the big decal will also go. His wife is not a catfish person, although, it just might still see a trip on the Cape Fear River.

I sure did my good deed for the year, and the chance to get to visit with Jim for a short period, is always a treat.