The end is here!!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by on_the_fly, May 3, 2008.

1. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Man tomarrow is the last day here in KY. I couldnt go today because were I was going the road is impassable to get back in there for the creek is well over this little road.:sad2: going to try a different spot this evening though. good luck to all and to all come big beards.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    We got another week but the wind is HOWLIN today. I drove to the woods, drank cawfee and said to heck with it. I couldn't have heard a bird had it been sittin in the truck, the way the wind is blowing. I can honestly say this has been the absolute worse year i can recall, between the weather and the birds being henned up,,,I admit DEFEAT!!!:angry: Dang, thats hard for me to say.:eek:oooh:

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    It's only a tough year if you don't step out of your truck. (Lots of birds and they are working great right now.) Some of the best days are the windy days. Have to remember they can hear a heck of a lot better then you. Plus it's easier to get in close on them when you have the wind to cover your sound. But hay I hate coffee. :big_smile:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'm needin a professional guide. Call me and i'll give directions and perhaps you could be my lucky charm.:crazy: As far as the wind goes, you can have my part of it.

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    better luck next year guys! i didn't even go after turkey this year- i will get my revenge in the fall and smoke 4 out of the first flock i see! :roll_eyes:

6. flatter

flatter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey countryhart sorry to hear your season has been rough. Ya know i went to roost some birds on the only land i had to hunt the night before the opener and what do ya know the farmer told me they sold it. COME ONE. Any way i was down and out so i found a place to go to that weekend and roosted some the night before. Killed one on sunday 22lbs 11" beard and 1 1/8 spurs on the first day out. Last weekend i found another temporary place and roosted two big birds the night before. Went in sat mornin and had one killed and back at the truck by 615. LMAO. By far the easiest year i have ever had. I called one time while they were still on the roost and they gobbled so i was makin up a game plan and then they gobbled real close and looked up and here they come... lookin for love in all the wrong places. I didnt even have a mask on. that bird didnt get weighed but it had 1 3/16 spurs 10 " beard. This was a two day season for me this year. First time since ive been huntin that it happend like that. But im only 19 so i know ive got alot a road ahead of me. Sorry some of yalls havin troubles. Cntry youll have ta hollar at me and well get em!:wink: Take care and good luck to yall