The dumbest turtle

Discussion in 'Turtle Talk' started by fcrnnngbck25, Jul 13, 2007.

1. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    Either this turtle is extremely hungry or just dumb. I got this turtle awhile back on two different baits 10 mins apart in two different spots about 3 weeks ago. I went back to the same place cause its good flathead fishin this morning. I had one pole set up with chicken liver for the channels and another with a live bluegill. I seen my pole start to run off with the liver and i figured it was a little channel. When i set the hook i new it was a turtle and i pulle him to the shore for a picture and was going to cut the line and let him go. Right when i went to cut the line i noticed my two hooks hanging out of his mouth from previously. And then the hook popped out of his mouth so i didnt have to cut my line and he swam off just fine. So if I catch this turtle again should I let him go somewhere else or what. Cause i don't want to kill him but if I end up catchin him ill prolly take him to my grandma's cause her fiance eats them. I just figured i'd let fellow B.o.c. know of my latest "trophy" :smile2:

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    sounds like he's begging to be soup to me!

3. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It just shows that some turtles are as smart as some people.Look how many times some people are caught doing the same old stupid thing.Sort of a scary thought ain;t it? I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    If you catch him again, remove the other hooks,..... he is returning them to you, LOL!!!

5. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    lol wow he must be. those were some nice ole 4/0 tru turns too :confused2:.

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I think you may be right.I owe the turtle a apology.That turtle may be "smarter" than some people.Now that is scary! I love you Brothers ans Sisters.peewee

7. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    ha sounds like this one bass in a local pond, had him hooked once, and he got off, had him hooked for the second time, my net man missed him and got my line (4ib test) caught him a third time and actually got him in, romoved 2 hooks, one was swallowed so i let him sit in the water, while i got my plyers (my net man was holding the rod and reel) well he got away and i came back a couple days later, caught him again cept this time i got my hooks back =)

8. Larry69

Larry69 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Sounds like a little stink pot turtle I caught once. It was one of the first I'd ever caught, just a little fellow, a few inches long, and I wanted to show my kids later, so I put him in one of those styrofoam coolers without a lid on, and put it in the shade a little behind me. Next thing I know, I'm pulling in what I thought was another stink pot, but it was the same one, he had climbed out of the cooler, got back into the water and took the bait again. I didn't realize they could climb, let alone so well. I put him back in the cooler just to see how he managed and it was quite a sight. He just climbed right up and over the wall with no effort at all.:big_smile:

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Sounds like that turtle wants to be your pet.:006::0a23:

10. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I'd say this turtle was just hungry and on his game.I doubt that they are really wise enough to
    realize that they are biting on a hook.But good
    for you for not killing him!