The duck

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by x smokin joe, Jul 11, 2009.

1. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    A friend of mine was driving to work early this week down a back road. When suddenly a duck came out of the ditch and he hit it. Should be the end of the story? It's not.
    The next day a sheriff deputy comes to his house and knocks on the door. He is there to find out why the guy hit the duck. Seems a lady was getting her newspaper and saw him hit the duck. She took his plate number and called the sheriff. He told the deputy what happened and the deputy laughed as he called it in on the radio. The deputy and the dispatcher had a good laugh about it on the radio not believing they were chasing down a dead duck. The deputy made his notes and then left telling my friend not to worry about it. End of story? No the first clue was when the deputy told him not to worry about it.
    Yesterday 2 officers from ODNR showed up at this guys house wanting to know why he killed 2 ducks. I guess they needed 1 officer per duck. My buddy tells them he hit 1 duck when it came out of the ditch, he never saw a 2nd duck. It seems the woman called ODNR after she called the sheriff and the number of ducks increased. They told him they would be doing a follow up and would be back to talk to him if he didn't call a number they gave him and leave his version of what happened on a voice mail. (A confession without having his rights read?)
    The deputy and ODNR agents asked him why he didn't stop and offer assistance to the duck and see if it was alright.
    Besides being a funny story, this is a pretty telling point. They can get calls from people who say they are seeing illegal fishing activity, but in the 2 days it takes them to get there the violation is done. The caller was a woman who had never called them before, so they assumed she wasn't crying wolf, it must have happened the way she said. And what did she say? That this guy swerved before hitting the ducks so he must have done it on purpose. The time can made for 2 ODNR agents to chase down a hit and run on a duck but according to quite a few people here they won't come to check out fishing violations. What is wrong with this picture.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    very good point JOE ,maybe we need to tell them people are swerving an running over catfish, an not stopping ,maybe they would investigate it then :confused2:

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    wow,i was really looking for a punch line coming up reading that story.

i don't doubt it though.ducks are out of season,catfish aren't........

4. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lmao me too :smile2:

Reminded me of my brother being half knocked-out by a duck that flew through his open window while he was driving... he didn't even know what happened, got pulled over for driving erratic. The cop asked him what was up with the bloody duck in his Back seat. My little bro said "Huh?" lmao:smile2:

5. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    The deal on this is that not only is it a state issue but also a federal issue....Due to the fact that they are so called protected by 2 agencies anytime there is a chance of foul play ( in this case there was not) they can give you 2 seperate fines....

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fowl play:big_smile: lol

7. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    omg pls tell me this is made up? where did these officers go to school come on now they dont do that when you hit a deer? what should have he done give him mouth to bill? lmao:smile2:

8. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    True story. I thought he was kidding the day he told me about the deputy stopping. When the ODNR stopped they left their card with a hand written number on it for voice mail, I called it and that's what it was, voice mail for the county agent. We figure he'll be known to law enforcement as the duck dude.

9. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    I'M SORRY , BUT IF THEY CAME TO MY HOUSE AND ASKED ME WHY I KILLED THAT DUCK, SOME WHERE IN THAT CONVERSATION THE WORD DUCK(SPELLED DIFERANT) WOULD HAVE COME UP MANY TIMES AND WHERE TO PUT SAID SUCH DUCK. NO MOUTH TO BILL. BUT BILL TO GRILL WORKS FOR ME. ARE THESE GAME WARDENS THAT DUMB ,THEY NEVER HEARD OF DUCK SUICIDE BEFORE, GOES GOOD WITH BAKED TATERS,GREEN BEANS,LITTLE WINE.:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::crazy:

10. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    IF YOU CALLED AND MADE YOUR VOICE HIGH PITCHED AND SWEET TALKED THE OFFICER, YOU MIGHT GET A RESPONSE..:wink::smile2:

11. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    joe your friend is just wrong. he is putting an even larger strain on an already pressured duck population. who will fertilize our beaches when all the ducks are gone? i cpr all my ducks:wink:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Ducks or aquatic waterfowl are more important than fish?:angry:

13. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    that is the craziest thing i've heard in a while. what the he11 is wrong with people these days?

14. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    A hit an run violation wow. This guys a criminal now when the odnr can make a special trip out. How sad it is for sure an thank you for this story it just enhances my theory about our public servants.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dont blame the Public Servants blame the rules they must follow, they are just doing their job thank them for that at least they are doing that. If there were a rule about something else and they turned their head then nail them.

16. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Did you really say Fowl play? LMAO!

17. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    man i would have told those two DNR officers to shove it. these laws and whiney people are getting down right outrageous

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    While I agree to a point why be against the DNR or the Sheriff, the are doing their jobs if they were doing that to protect a flathead you all would be ecstatic. This is what we get when wen wright a law for everything imaginable, and if they actually try to enforce they get hammered from one end for doing it and if they didnt they get hammered by the other end you cant have it both ways.

Dont get me wrong I think its bull that this woman called in for a duck walking in front of this guys car/truck but in another circumstance what if she saw guys catching fish to sell and called it in?

19. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    let me clarify, while i would still tell the officers to shove it repectfully..it's the lawmakers who are at fault.

that would be cool if they supported flathead a little more but i don't care too much about that, i'm not a CPR nazi..i catch them..i know they're there..i know there's alot there..those laws seem to be working alright for me.

20. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Did any of them find out "why the duck crossed the road?" LOL! :smile2: