The Dreaded Spawn Is Here! Watts Bar

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Henry347, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Henry347

Henry347 Well-Known Member

State:
    Scott County, Tennessee
    Name:
    Brandon
    Been a month since I've soaked some bait but knew it's about that time for the spawn so didn't expect much action. But it'd been so long since I soaked some bait I had to take a chance, they dont all spawn at the same time anyway.

Hit one of my go to spots hoping for either a fish moving in to spawn or one that's dropped its eggs and moving back out. Spent 5hrs at this spot caught one decent blue and didn't hook up on a flathead. Got plenty of of big bluegill and shell cracker for the frying pan so that's a win. Seen some guys in a boat pull two decent blues outta their holes 5ft off the bank in the rock slabs. They got more guts than me, I dont got the nerve to stick my hands back in those holes.

Hit spot number two and spent another 3hrs there. Managed another egg stuffed blue at the 15lb mark and got a bad hookset on a decent striper. Pulled the hook 20ft from the bank. Didn't even fool with getting pics of the bluecat.

The spawn is here and the slow fishing comes with it. I'll probably start back in after the striper until the 3rd week of June and then get back after the cats.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    Brackish*Water likes this.
  2. Henry347

Henry347 Well-Known Member

State:
    Scott County, Tennessee
    Name:
    Brandon
    Heres a pic of the blue. 20200602_012455.jpeg

3. Thunder head

Thunder head Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Name:
    Steven
    A couple of hours south of you. We caught a male blue that was almost black and all scratched up. Also caught a female that squirted eggs on the deck.

I agree. Next couple of weeks might be slow.

Brackish*Water and Henry347 like this.
  4. Cumberland Fishing

Cumberland Fishing New Member

State:
    TN
    Name:
    MC