The downside to having a dry spell

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by JKrupp, Jul 25, 2008.

1. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    So far this year I have only caught 2 channels, and not even big channels, just small resevoir cats. I dont know whats going on I have sat and watched my buddies in my boat catch fish but nothing for me. So tonight I head out to try my luck again and I am getting alot of hits but I am so excited when my bobber actually goes under that I jump all over it like a fat kid on a free cake and there is no fish. Within the first hour I was out I miss out on 7 hits because of my over anxious hook setting issue. But for a happy ending I did catch 5 chanels once I finally settled down and gave them a chance to actually take the bait. Nothing of size or picture worthy, the largest being 5 pounds. But I guess the moral of this story is, When you have been through a dry spell don't get to excited when you finally get a hit, Patience is always the key.

2. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    well congrats on your outing, a 5 pound channel isn't a bad fish. a couple of those on a tourny night could have you sittin in first place!

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    last year I hads a bad start, 10 straight fishless trips..then it all turned around and I tore the flats up in august.....your time will come.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I know that feeling well, I went through the same thing last year. The fish will come, Good luck