The Delaware River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by coyotechromez, Jun 14, 2009.

1. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Went up north of perry where the Delaware feeds into lake, we caught 8 Drum total. Used one for cut bait, threw the rest back. Lots of above water stuff going on, surfacing gar, carp the size of horses:crazy:. Tried to snag some carp to have some fun but no luck. I don't think I will catch any kitties this year the way my luck is going!

2. StiffPole

StiffPole New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    I hit the Delaware the other night where it meets the Kaw and had no luck either. Fished from about dusk until almost sunrise and didn't catch anything.

3. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    I have heard where the Kaw is joined with Soldier Creek is good, I have never had luck there.

4. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    tonight should be good cuz all the rain out west and all along the Kaw river, its risin

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    You going out Redneck?

6. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    goin to try. i wanted to be catchin bait right now but i have to wait for a cpl hours. i may need to pick Dad up or watch kids while my Mom does.

7. coyotechromez

coyotechromez New Member

State:
    KS
    Is the bite usually on after a big rain like last night? The Kaw is up and flowin hard!

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    headin to Perry to put in at old town and goin up the delaware.

9. StiffPole

StiffPole New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    Good luck-- going to hit the Kaw this evening myself, if I can get the fuel pump on my old Dodge changed.

10. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    The least you could do is sign out when you go fishing Jay. You don't get extra points for staying online the longest. :smile2::smile2:

11. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i dont sign out i just close the page. i think all the fish "signed out" before i got to the river :smile2:.

"Crazy Carl" got about 8 white bass and a 3 lb. channel. he got the channel on a jig. J Jr. got an 8 in. drum.

12. flattymatty

flattymatty New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I'm telling you Jay, there's one on my bank line right now. All you gotta go do is go get it:big_smile: