the dam below kennywood!!

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by katplayer187, Jan 30, 2009.

1. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    anyboady ever fish at the 1st dam that is right below kennywood? a few years ago they built it up to a large dam and havent fished there since???

how did you do?

2. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    ive seen it lots of times from riding the thunderbolt but never fished it, it looks like a pretty good spot. lots of current, looks like some structure around the edges and probally some deep holes

3. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    never fished it but would like to. I'm not sure how to get to it though

4. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    hey kat, was looking at a few maps i have and found public ramp just below braddock dam here is what it say's: local gov't is the ownership,there's shore fishing,large parking lot,and a launch ramp. i have never been over there but i hope this help's someone. i am going to hit new spots up this year, the mon is at the top of my list. if anyone lives over that way can u post how to get here or any other spot near by.....justin:cool2:

5. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    yea ive heard alot of bad things about not wanting to leave your truck at the boat ramp because theres "bad characters" that hang out at this braddock ramp.. and when you fish there "they mooch" anything they can off of you..

6. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    thanks kat for the heads up, might have found that one out the "hard way". are you talking about another place from shore or from a boat?

7. katplayer187

katplayer187 New Member

State:
    WEST END-PITTSBURGH,PA
    we are talking about the same ramp and shoreline...but ill be fishing in the boat so I wont have anything to do with them!

8. moose22dog

moose22dog New Member

State:
    YINZERBURGH,PA
    ok got's you, that 's want i thjought since your geting that new boat. how much longer before you get it? as far as the "bad guys" go i always bring a "gift" for them! lolol...justin