The Creek Bank Bait Spa ???

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by ShilohRed, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Anyone using one of the bait spa's? MY livewell does a great job on keeping bait alive. But needs the extra as in filtering. And moving the water better. This unit looks like it may be jus the ticket for people like me. That for some reason would rather not have a big bait well in the boat. AS I have 2 big livewells. And think with this in one of them. That would be enough to keep bait alive.
    Last 2 times out bait has been alive and well for a few hours. But would start getting the red nose. But then again I think Bam and I also had around 200 small 5" shad in the livewell also LOL
    Pete
    http://www.creekboats.com/tank_home.htm

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Pete, I have two of them and they work great. Be sure to keep the bottom of your tank clean and the suction cups clean and you will have no problems. I have been using them for two years or more. One a Creek Bank rep. gave me to test and the other one I won at a drawing. Also, it sounds like to me you have too many baits in your bait tank.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Yes we had way more baits in the tank then it needed. But you get bait while you can. And we did that, The bait was still good and alive and working after I am guessing 5 hours. And toward the end bait could not be found. And we even gave bait to someone. And it was still doing good.
    But just looking for a little extra. Thanks for the post on how they work.
    Pete