the colorado

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by Matthew Cook, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Matthew Cook

Matthew Cook Member

State:
    Arizona
    i want to make it out to lake martinez this weekend. we've been there once but it was a flop. do you guys have any advise on where to go this time of year? i don't know what the colder weather will do to the fishing. do you think it's to the late to catch some flatties?

2. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

never fished that lake. I fish north of there on the river. I have had luck this time of year on flats but not alot. good luck and let us know how you do.

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    How bout sturgeon?, i've seen pics of huge sturgeon come out of the Colorado

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey tim were ya been dude thought they locked you up some place :D lol. been doing any fishen or hunting? if you and your boy want to hook up for some fishen or hunting sometime i'm in, ya guys can stay at the trailer and get some good R&R in. lots of dove down there now and 2nd season starts next weekend i think. got some nice flats at the end of the summer half dozen between 8 and 12 and a 17#er in my profi pic

matthew was in blythe a few weekends back water temp was 73, now mayb 70 and maybe a little warmer down south. was fishen 4 the flats and didn't come up with any but did more hunting then fishen, was using goldfish and did get some nice channels on the goldfish. dude down by martinez got a 50#+ 2weeks back on bluegill. should be bitting in the day time by now. the water has been running real low up in blythe so watch out if your in a boat. I only have been fishen around blythe and north so cant tell ya much about down south, some day need to go down there and try it out. matthew post what goes on when ya get back I'd kinda like to know. dude if ya got time come by and dip a line

be down in blythe this next weekend myself and if the water is up ill be hunting for some big flats myself. the last report i saw said the flats were still bitting good and the channels the same from parker south

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    vini, what part of the colorado? never herd of any on the lower colorado

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I think its up in Oregon they catch HUGE freaken sturgeon like up to 9-10 feet some guys on another board i hang on went and brought pictures lemme find you the link its pretty incredible what they cought.

7. tigger_tat_55

tigger_tat_55 New Member

State:
    cali
    hi there,

have not forgotten any of you. Uncle Sam has called me up for duty. I will be gone till next Oct. so to answer your question... nope no fishing. did hunt the opener got our limit in bout 1 1/2hr. i will be going home for turkey day and hope to hunt quial with my son.

hope all is well and the fishing is good.

I'll check back as often as i can.

take care all.

T. W.

8. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Best to you tigger and Gods speed. thankyou for surving this great country and all of us.

The fish will be waiting for you're return ;)