the coca cola racing team from 1999

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by vicktoria, Mar 30, 2008.

1. vicktoria

vicktoria New Member

State:
    ohio
    my boyfriend was given two six packs of coca cola racing team bottles. He was admiring them the other day when he noticed that under the picture of dale jr. was the #3. Now, I'm still pretty new to Nascar, only about five years in, but i don't remember Jr ever taking over the #3 car after his father died. Does anyone know anything about this at all that might clarify this for us?

2. Rachel1angel

Rachel1angel New Member

State:
    Gainesville, FL
    I have no idea about that... I was a daddy Earnhardt fan
    but i don't remember Jr ever takin over his #3 .. I'm interested in that info as well..good question???
    ~Joann

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    In 1999 #3 was Jr's busch series car number. He never took over the #3. Dale Sr. was still alive in 1999 and running the #3 in the cup series.

4. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yea my uncle has so old Jeff Gordan Coke bottles

5. vicktoria

vicktoria New Member

State:
    ohio
    ahhhh see now i thought of maybe it was his busch series car but wasnt for sure. thanks for the info.

6. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    those would have to be some old coke bottles before Gordon started his Winston cup career. Pepsi has endorsed him ever since he started racing cup series.

7. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thats some OLD Coca-Cola Racing Family collectibles. Dale Jr. dropped out of the family a while back when he signed on with Budweiser.

I have been shooting the Coca-Cola TV/internet campaign for many years, and I would bet those date back to 1998-1999.

Dang....I been in this business too long!!! :big_smile:

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Actually, Jeff was with another soft drink company when he started full time in Winston Cup in 1993. It wasn't until 1997 that Pepsi came on board as an associate sponsor and then in 2001 they became a primary sponsor for 2 races each season in the cup series.

PepsiCo signed as an associate sponsor with Jeff before the 1997 season. He had previously been sponsored by another popular soft drink company which preferred to utilize him in a regional marketing setting. However, when the Purchase, New York-based company proposed a nationwide marketing campaign with Jeff Gordon as the focal point, Generation Next got its spokesman. In 1999 and 2000 Pepsi sponsored Gordon's limited efforts in the Busch series. Starting in 2001 Pepsi served as primary sponsor on Gordon's car in two races per season.

9. vicktoria

vicktoria New Member

State:
    ohio
    yup those bottles are from 1999. we have one whole set of 6 with dale jr, ricky rudd, steve park, bobby labonte, and i cant think of the other two.

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    here a button from 1995 with the boy wonder

Attached Files:

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    jarrett would be one of them coke drivers because i had a 6. ended up getting rid of them on ebay. sold all my stuff except the 1/24 scales. i had dozens of the 1/64 matchbox of jarrett earnhardt.

still have 4-5 big boxes of the 1/24 big cars.