The Classic

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Nessie, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know that a lot of you guys are fishing the Shootout this weekend, but how many of you are fishing the Classic? GPolce and I plan on fishing the Classic. From the Riverbend Catfish Tournament Trail flyer, it looks like the Classic is from 6am to 3pm on Saturday and 6am to 1pm on Sunday. Do any of you know the other details for the tourney (i.e. is it a 5 fish limit for each day, check in time and place, is there still an $80 entry fee for the Classic, etc.)?

2. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Steve glad to hear your going fish the Classic, entry is the same $80, 5fish each day total weight of two days. 1st day 6am to 3pm be signed up by 5:30am release by # shorty after, 2nd day 6am to 1pm check in by 5:30am release by # shortly after. Should be a good time we have over $3500 in cash & prizes plus a boat,motor & trailer valued at $8000 to all be gived away at the Riverbend Classic.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck everyone fishing the Riverbend Classic. I hope you all have a limit of Hawgs to weigh in. Wish we could be there to join you all, we plan to be there next season for sure to join in on the fun. Have a good one guys! Looking forward to seeing the results....

4. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Thanks Troy! Same to you guys over there I plan on attending the shootout for sure next year!

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Steve, my buddy Allen and I will be fishing the Classic for sure!! I wouldn't miss it for the world.:smile2: One of these day, I know, I will be able to put fish in the boat during a freaking tournament. :embarassed: :wink: Justin, do you have all of my favorite holes all chummed up for me? :smile2: I will be following Justin around for the next two day's, 50 yards right? Heck I can almost throw a pole out that far:roll_eyes: Don'T let Justin mis-guide you guys, I heard from a little birdie hes on some "BIG" fish!!

6. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    See you guys early in the morning.Man I sure hope they bite it's not looking good.It's going to be a tuff tourny that's for sure but someone will catch them.

7. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, Gpolce and I fished the Classic this past weekend and were able to finish in 6th place with about 110 lbs total. It was a long weekend of fishing and we never really got on the big fish (although we did break off one big fish on day one which hurt quite a bit:roll_eyes:). We caught 6 fish on day one with a 5 fish weight of about 65 lbs which put us in 5th place. On day two, we fished many of the same spots as day one, but the fishing was much tougher for us. We were able to manage 4 fish for a total of about 45 lbs. All in all, it was a good time, and we missed a lot of the Gateway Cats guys who were at the Shootout or getting married:smile2:. Thanks to Justin "Eflow" for organizing the tournament. I have attached a couple pics from our day one and day 2 weigh in and a picture of the winners with their 2 big fish from day two. Next year I guess...

Attached Files:

8. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Congrats on the 6th place finish!!!Since I was in 3 place the first day and ended in 9th I guess, you can say I had my arse handed to me. :embarassed: But look out next year, cause Jason is going to change things up a bit!!! You guys did a great job, Well done!!!I take my hat off to you!!!:wink:

9. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Guys I should have the results done hop[efully by tomorrow! I'm still trying to find where i parked my boat:crazy: