The Catfishing World Suffered a Huge Loss and a Fine Man

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by Ole Muddy, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Ole Muddy

Ole Muddy New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sorry to hear about your dad Matt (Big River), Prayers sent from my family to yours he will sure be missed around the tournments. I know he really enjoyed fishing and the tournments because he always had a big smile on his face

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Matt, we are so sorry to learn of your enormous loss. You and your family are in our prayers my friend.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Matt my heart goes out to you in prayer at the loss of your dad.

4. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    you and your family is in our prayers.

5. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Sorry to hear about your loss.Bless your whole family

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Matt, sorry to here about the loss of your dad. You and all family members will be in our thoughts and prayers.

7. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    sorry to hear of your dads passing . thoughts and prayers from my family to yours

8. Catter

Catter New Member

State:
    Osceola, Arkansas
    Sorry for your loss Matt, you and your family are in our prayers.

Joe

9. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Matt, my deepest sympathy for your family's loss. His "smile" and "personality" will be missed!

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Matt, You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad.

11. 85Dave

85Dave New Member

State:
    Germantown, Tn
    From the Commercial Appeal:

John Glenn Bingham
    JOHN GLENN BINGHAM, 72, of Germantown, TN passed away December 6, 2007 at Baptist Memorial Hospital Memphis. He was preceded in death by his parents, Ruby Wells Bingham and John Amma Bingham, and his brother, Gerald Bingham. John Glenn was born in Shaw, MS and graduated from Memphis State University. After a career as a distribution warehouse manager, John returned to Memphis to own and operate Bartlett Tire Service. He was active in civic and business organizations. A most loving husband, father, and grandfather, John Glenn is survived by his wife of forty-six years, Barbara Bikas Bingham of Memphis, his two children, Leslie Escareno and her husband, Narciso Escareno of Brownsville, TX, and Matthew Wells Bingham and his wife, Michelle Slater Bingham, and Michelle’s daughter, Amy, of Memphis. Also surviving are two grandchildren, Alexandra Paige Hedfelt and John Layton Escareno, and his sister-in-law, Joan Hazard Bingham. John Glenn was a remarkable and courageous man. His kindness and sense of humor touched so many people who had the good fortune of knowing him. John Glenn received his private pilot’s license and enjoyed traveling with Barbara and friends. In recent years, John Glenn developed a love for cat fishing, and spent many wonderful weekends fishing in local tournaments with his son, Matt. Barbara and the family would like to express their sincere gratitude to Dr. Lee Schwartzberg and Marlene Gwatney of the West Clinic, and to all the very caring and professional nursing staff at the Myelosuppression Unit at Baptist Memorial Hospital. The family will be receiving visitors at Memorial Park from 12 p.m. until 1 p.m. Saturday, December 8. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. at Memorial Park. Entombment will be at Memorial Park Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to the Myelosuppression Unit c/o Baptist Memorial Hospital Foundation at 227-7141 or the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at www.leukemia-lymphoma.org - in the name of John Glenn Bingham. Memorial Park Funeral Home 901-767-8930 www.memorialparkonline.com

Published in The Commercial Appeal on 12/7/2007.

Matt,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I always enjoyed talking to your Dad. He was a great man. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Dave

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Prayers from Missouri in that you may find comfort in the face of a such a tremendous loss. Godspeed.

13. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm so sory to hear about your loss. Our prayers from South Carolina are sent.

-Jim-

14. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Sorry for your loss Matt, prayers from Arkansas for the family.

15. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My wife; Raven and I will light a candle and say a Prayer for YOU and Your Family.
    My the Joy of Your Memories be Greater Than the Sorrow In Your Heart.
    Sincerely,
    Coyote1 and Raven
    [[[[[End of Post, but NOT the Prayers and Concern!]]]]]

16. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    Sorry for your loss Matt. you will be in my prayers John

17. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Matt,

Sorry for your loss my friend. Sad news indeed. Your family will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Matt sorry to hear of the loss of your father. Prayers sent from So. Illinois.

19. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Matt, sorry to here about the loss of your dad. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers, stay strong.

20. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Prayers sent from Illinois.