The catfish wait - post-spawn in PA

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by RebelMan, Jun 25, 2007.

1. RebelMan

RebelMan Guest

It seems everytime I go out fishing I only catch 1-2 channels, when before they spawned I would catch around 5-8 channels. I'm just wondering how long does it take for them to go back into deeper water? Thanks-Rebelman:crazy:

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Im not sure about your area but here in western PA the bite has been picking up slowly. We have had some big baits getting some nice runs but they seem to be just letting go before you get time to set the hook. I feal a big flathead coming real soon.

3. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Dont feel to bad Adam. I went out Mon. eve for 4 hour's. I sat there swatting bug's wipeing sweat and got notin, not even a bite. The only good thing was this.

4. setup1

setup1 New Member

State:
    Pa
    Hold tight guys here on the lower Susquehanna the bite is starting to pick back up caught 5 flat heads and 4 channels this past saturday . The bite is coming back at Safe Harbor Dam.:big_smile:

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Out east the fish are getting a little bigger as June passes. Got a 18lber last night. It will be on full swing in 2 weeks.

6. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    It is starting to pick up was out Monday I pulled in three. Another fisherman pulled in about five seems to be returning to normal around here. (philadelphia)

7. Fellman

Fellman New Member

State:
    Philly MYK
    It is getting better and better every weekend in the skuke. Well, Now that I said that I will be skunked. Someone knock on wood for me.

8. jigerjim

jigerjim Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Hey Fellman welcome to BOC Is that the WW bridge in your avator?

9. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Josh,its good to see another Philadelphian join the broterhood. :0a25::0a25::0a25: