The catfish are starting to come alive at Patoka Lake!

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by whiskergetter, Aug 6, 2007.

1. whiskergetter

whiskergetter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :0a26:
    Me and my good friend have noticed lately the catfish at patoka are really starting to come to life. i think they had a late spawn this year and it messed things up for awhile. they're starting to run alot now. so now through october,there should be some nice cat action. Hope all of you get some good fish. For patoka i'd fish in about 35 to 50' of water during the day and 5-15 ' at night off of a point on the lake.:0a23:

2. Catfishing=Fun

Catfishing=Fun New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    thanks ill try to catch some cats and good luck to u at patoka

3. SkiMax

SkiMax Well-Known Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    what size and species of fish you catching? I might have to make a trip from monroe sometime if there are some big fish to be had!

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    what area of patoka are you fishing ? thats a biggg lake!

5. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Patoka is most commonly referred to as a Channel cat lake, but I have heard of some nice flatheads coming out of there. As far as depth, Patoka is a fairly shallow lake, with the main channel not getting much deeper than 50', but my uncle (who fishes patoka on a weekly basis) tells me that in the main channel near the dam is a good starting point, anywhere in the numerous areas of stick-ups (especially those on shallow flats near deep water), and main lake points are good places to start. Patoka can get alot of boat traffic on it, so you are better off fishing it during the week.

6. whiskergetter

whiskergetter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Mainly channels are to be caught out of patoka, but all species are in there. I've fished this lake my whole life, so i guess i just know some good spots. If any of you come this way to go fishing, let me know, i'll take you to some of our spots . there are some really desent fish to be caught in patoka. Catfish are really underfished here. It's mostly bass fisherman and crappie fisherman that come here. But they stock the lake every year with cats, and some nice ones can be found at alot of places on the lake.
    :wink:

7. whiskergetter

whiskergetter New Member

State:
    Indiana
  8. CPD159

CPD159 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the tip.