The Cape Fear is Low!

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by The Flathead Reaper, Jul 13, 2009.

1. The Flathead Reaper

The Flathead Reaper New Member

State:
    Grays Cree
    hello all..new here....just dropped in to speak.....tomkat already knows me....the river is in bad shape.....blues have spawned but the water temp and oxygen level makes for a bad night! my best advice.....fish the shallow flats near deep holes close to the bank.......watch out for big trees under the water while navigating! the flat head are biting but close to structure!....the blues arent moving to much! try under the willows....not just on them! i took nichole and her spouse down to lock and dam#1 this weekend.......the bite was off bad.......be careful of the ramp at 1 also......low tide was a bear to load up....i took on some damage to trailer and scratched up my new paint job pretty bad!

2. catfishhunter2009

catfishhunter2009 New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Welcome to the BOC , and thanks for the knowhow . Way to go on the trip with nccatgirl . Sounds like ya'll had a good time . :wink:

3. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    Kevin, welcome to the BOC. It's really great to add someone like you in here to add to the wealth of catfishing knowledge that is the BOC. It was really a great night on the Cape Fear river even though the bite was off. You will always be a catfishing god in our eyes no matter what. We are really looking forward to the next trip and it can't come soon enough. We hope to see you again soon... Nicole.

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    Welcome to the BOC Kevin!

5. ncriverrat

ncriverrat New Member

State:
    Trinity, NC
    welcome to the mighty b.o.c my friend!!!!!!:big_smile:

6. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    Welcome Kevin....Yea me and Tommy went out saturday night to catch a half pound flattie and tow some guy in that ran out of gas.....:tounge_out:

7. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    Thats a shame....i bet they didn't even thank you! Thats happened to me before.....not the running out of gas part.....but having to pull'em back! Whats dissapointing is when you see someone else pulling them back the following weekend!

8. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    i look forward to the day we can all get together and fish! anything i can help you guys out with just hollar!..........comming out to my kneck of the woods just let me know!

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Is the dam showing north of the 295 bridge yet?

10. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    havent been up there in a while....but looking at the levels down here....its gotta be!

11. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    had to post back to this one.........my cousin called and said the river was so low.....the bream he caught today he had to pull the ticks off his back!:haha:

12. The Flathead Reaper

State:
    Grays Cree
    yeah they do....................dont plan on fishing this end without a thermocell and a couple cans of off.............just one of them wont do it