The Candy Man Can. Hey.............

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Oct 31, 2009.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The Candy Man Can.

Hey, it's urchin night tonight. Little witches and goblins get to be mean and ornery legally. They are all week long anyhow but tonight you can let them be "normal" with a smile on your face.

Wanna see what you guys have as treats for the tricksters. I live at the end of a quarter mile lane out so far in the sticks that Jeffrodama can't even find me to leave campaign literature. Usually I shut the lights off, leave the dogs loose and padlock the lane gate. Don't want to see any of the little rugrats and their greedy parents. Most of the kids are so fat that another candy bar in their Wal-Mart sack could make them blow up and I would get sued.

This year it is different. I am kinda batching it and some company might be good. Thusly I have muzzled the dogs and added yard lights and even decorated the front doorway. All is good, now I just gotta wait with my goodies in hand.

Got some..............

Kit Kat's
    Butterfingers
    Nestle's Crunch
    Baby Ruth
    Different kinds of Caramel
    Almond Joy

Don't believe in anything healthy, so there's no apples, oranges, popcorn or deer backstrap.

Guaranteed not have razor blades, hypodermic syringes, warfarin, bleach or Okra in it. That is unless certain BOC members show up.

What you guys gonna hand out and I might drop by with my Wal-Mart bag.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Dang John.....you are turning into a 'sociable' creature after all these years?????

I loaded up on candy the first year I bought my house right outta the Navy. Too far in the boonies cause I didn't get one stinking little goblin knocking on my door. They all hit town where the candy concentration is better.

A lot of the little candy snatchers are pretty rude and greedy anyway and it just ticks me off.:confused2:

Have a great Halloween.......I am keeping my lights off.:wink:

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We have not had a real trick or treat-er since we moved here 30 years ago,,,, to long a lane,,,,if we ever did get a trick or treater, I would have to drop a fiver in their sack.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We will be them greedy parents, with the lil goblins! Daughter wants to be a cowgirl, and the boy is too young to say "trick of treat" so he is outta luck for this year! I was kinda thinking of dressing up like ZZ top!:roll_eyes: But that could cause a national identity crisis, and I don't think I would be comfortable on Larry King Live! So, I think me and Sarah will just walk around normal with our faces hanging out!:smile2::wink: rollo

Sorry BG! or whatever you go by these days Biscuit!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I live away from folks too and my kids jsut got to trick or treat in town...i havent evens een there candy bags..had to work while they were out then leave work and worked their carnival at school..none of the other parents in my kids class helped witht he first grade booth..i worked from open to close ..didnt get 20 feet in the door ..didnt get to see anythign that was going on..kids spent all the money and came home with nothing :smile2:

6. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    "This year it is different. I am kinda batching it and some company might be good. Thusly I have muzzled the dogs and added yard lights and even decorated the front doorway. All is good, now I just gotta wait with my goodies in hand".

So you are dressing up as Michael Jackson?

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS

heres the latest paparazzi pic of MJ

http://a4.vox.com/6a00fad69253e80004011016877164860d-320pi

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    There ya go CheanpNInsulting.

Michael Jackson at his finest. Have never seen him look better. Actually he kinda looks good, better than before he was DEAD! Thanks Jeffro, gotta pad you vote total today somehow.

9. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
  10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Good to see you in the spirit this year.....

Kids dont go for healthy food, what happened to the good old carmel apples? Or popcorn balls? At least you got a mixture of good and bad....

When I am home, I like to carve punkins, the last ones I did, I set them out, I think there were 5 or 6 of them, had to run to the store, and when I came back, I had punkins all over the yards, little heathens....

11. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I gave out hunks of liver on cheap treble hooks. That and a baked tater. :crazy:

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dagnabbit! John, the first time some one is handing out all my favorites, and would probably give out a big hand full or two, and I was to far away, couldn't make it, didn't know, am too old, or just to lazy to knock on your door, I missed it! :roll_eyes:
    I peered out the windows a few times when my Shepard barked, no surprises, I think I saw them all before waiting at the check out line in Walmart. I didn't pass any treats out, but then the kids around here have to make their plea in the day light, so the tricks are nil. Halloween is just not like it used to be....:sad2:

13. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jack, got so much candy left you can have it next year. Didn't see nary a soul, save the deer my dogs kept running out of the yard.

Think I'll take some of those treble hooks WhiskerlickinGood was giving out and Doctor some apples in the apple trees that those deer are feeding off. Save money on slugs that way.