the BUCKEYES are in the "SWEET GAME"!!!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by catfishrollo, Dec 2, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    All i know is the Buckeyes are gonna play in the best game available.... misery and the the virgins decided they weren't ready for the "showcase"!!! sorry boys! lol rollo

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i know how it feels boys, the lump in the gut! and its tuff to even swallow! lol... all i can say time will heal your pain!!! lmao...rollo:roll_eyes:

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    A bitter taste indeed. We are on the way Buckeye faithfull,Lets here it!!!!!!!

O-H!!!!!!!

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Were you guys the same as me last night? I almost wore my remote buttons out switching back and forth between games! lol Why did they do that to us?
    GO BUCKS!!

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I know what you mean we were at the elks with a big screen and 2 other tvs and still was switching lol.

6. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My wife made the mistake of picking up the remote once during the games...

Just once.

:crazy:

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ....i can hear it now!!! lol...listen... :roll_eyes:...Sports Illustrated's commercial... "The Buckeyes are your 2007 National Champs!!!" " Now, to relive the moment, Sports Illustrated is offering......lol....rollo

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    LOL I hope so but lets not get to cocky yet!:wink: well ok you twisted my arm rollo! you get this BCS Champion football and hard back coverd book covering your teams rise to the title game!

9. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Ohio St. makes it to the NC game only because the Big 10 (see 11,) is a cowardly conference....afraid to have a conference championship game like the big boys do. Heck even the non-BCS conferences have championship games. The Big 10 is no better then the Pac 10.

That being said...they're going. And just like last year they're probably going to get destroyed because they won't be prepared (albeit probably mentally but not physically) for the type of team speed that LSU or Georgia is going to bring. You'll see what awaits!

GO LSU/DAWGS!!!

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    with that being said, you are right.. they may lose. but, the Big Ten is not a coward conference... and ... i wouldn't be suprised if OSU doesn't give the two loss lsu A nother turd loss!!! lol rollo

11. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    You can talk that stuff if you want Suddawg but the Buckeyes have beat 4 teams in the big ten that were ranked at the time they were beaten,what about your SEC Gods oh I mean teams how did your team fair? Whats there resume for a shot at the title? We have to wait untill Jan to see how it turns out but one things for sure we are going to be there!!!!!! Go Buckeyes!!!!
    Our conference dosent have a championship because of the number of teams in it and no other reason! Year in and year out the big 10 is one of the tuffest conferences to be in, not that the SEC is not but then Im not throwing the rocks!:smile2::wink: I see you are for Auburn? How did they fair this year? Oh by the way I ment to ask you also If The animal,Chris Wells,Brian Robiskie,Brian Hartline or Vernon Gholston would have played in the SEC they would have been faster Hmmmmm It must be in the water?:wink::smile2:

O-H!!!

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    right on crab! the sec. is such a better conference! heck, they should be in the big game every year!!!! rollo:smile2:

13. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Those SEC guys kill me they think they should get the championship invite every year no matter what!:smile2:

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

You're going to have to read better.... I'm from Auburn, NEBRASKA. Not Auburn, Alabama. This has nothing to do with my team buddy

Please the 4 teams they beat...Purdue, Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan were barely top 25 teams. The true representation of the Big 10 conference can be judged easily by asking yourself how good was the Big 10 if they didn't have Ohio State pulling all the weight?

Just because you have 11 teams doesn't mean you can't have a championship game. Take the top two teams and make them play...there ya go!

Team speed is what got Ohio State's taints slapped last year. If Ohio State truly beats LSU/Georgia I would be truly impressed and amazed.

Nice try fella...my team (Cornhuskers) may not be who they were in the 90's but I'm not delirious in thinking my team is infallible. Ohio St. is down right lucky that they're in a weak conference.

SudDawg
    P.S. My 2nd fav team is the Auburn Tigers...because I was stationed in Alabama for 5 years. That's just a coincidence.

GO BIG RED
    WAR EAGLE
    GO SEC

15. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I stand corrected on your team! But I stand on my belief that year in and year out the big10 is one of the strongest conf. and that the number of teams we have is the reason we dont have a championship game. By the way we won our confrence without a playoff and thats the rules they go by. Now the SEC speed is not what got us beat but not being ready to play last year but lets not live in the past but the here and now. We are in it to win it and we will be running the ball at LSU and playing our game unlike last year. You didnt answer the question though is it in the water down there or what?
    If it is when we head down there to play we can drink that water and get faster. You can be a Buckeye hater if you want because either you love us or love to hate us and thats fine by us.
    goodluck to your team of choice I hope they do well! oh by the way be ready to be amazed!

16. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well the last few weeks played out perfect for Ohio st. and W. Virginia. Oklahoma's loss, then our loss to Arkansas. Ohio St. is in for sure cuz they are done playing and West Virginia lays an egg last night. Crazy year for sure but the reason LSU and Oklahoma move ahead of Georgia is because we are both 11-2 not 10-2 . I'm glad my Tigers got the nod but if we didnt it would be the Sooners in the title game, not Georgia. Even had LSU lost Saturday, Oklahoma would have went in front of Georgia or Missouri would have kept #1 with a win against Oklahoma so I never really saw how Georgia could get in at this point anyway. Not hating on the Dawgs just looking at the possibilities. Anyway, the last time we played Ohio st was in the late 80's I believe and we lost the game in a dramatic 4th quarter comeback by Ohio St. I think they recovered 2 onside kicks but I remembered watching our lead evaporate. Just hope its different for us this time. GEAUX TIGERS and Georgia Dawgs, Yall go defend our SEC Sugar Bowl and whoop them dang Warriors!

17. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    That would be to much like right, would it not?

18. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    What I'm not understanding about these BS... ooops, I mean BCS.... rankings is why they would rank Georgia so high, knowing well in advance that they wouldn't get a shot at the NC...

I can understand why GA is so frustrated - nothing like having the golden apple dangled in front of you, just to have it yanked away....

19. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The BCS points are based on combined polls, and computer rankings like "schedule strength." So in the last 2 weeks before the championship games, Oklahoma and LSU both lose, opening the door. Georgia only had 2 losses like LSU and Oklahoma and had been on a roll lately so the Tigers and Sooners dropped behind the Dawgs after their respective losses.

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    What I don't understand is why Kansas got in but Mizzou didn't. I know Mizzou lost to OK but they had like a 29th strongest schedule to Kansas' 109th(close to that) strength of schedule. Its all a bunch of crap to me but at least the LSU Tigers got in there. I can't wait till the game!:big_smile: