The BOC. What's it worth?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by metalman, May 7, 2008.

1. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I am not one to hack on people to do anything that they can't or don't want to do but the recent post by Kristine Burke about us having over 4,500 folks on the board at one time got me thinking about the financial potential in such numbers.
    If we could persuade all the visitors we regularly get to become members and could get them to be even minimal star members the BOC could achieve so much.
    25 cents a week is $1.00 a month which is $12.00 per year. Multiply that by 4500 and you get 54 grand a year from just 25 cents a week from those 4,500 people alone.
    Don't get me wrong I know times are tough for a lot of folks. With gas at over $3.60 a gallon I can hardly justify going to the Ohio River these days.
    All I am asking is for everyone to think really hard about what the BOC is worth to you.
    VISITORS: If it's worth visiting then surely it's worth becoming a member.
    MEMBERS: If it's worth being a member then it has to be worth 25 cents a week.
    J.M.H.O.
    I am Winston Bush and I approve this message!...W

2. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I agree with you but it took me a little bit to figure out what a star member was.

3. 01richard

01richard New Member

State:
    kansas wichita
    i agree i think its the best catfish site with some of the best info and people that you will ever find

4. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    As i have said before, the star membership is not required, but what it does do is help the site in may ways, It alows members to get some neat giveaways too. There are so many members here that will contest to the site. I have made many friennds and continue to do so as more come onboard. One star, just one little star costing only a few bucks, don't seam much but that one little star will pay for a upgrades, new software, the ability to show off you catches, talk to other people with the same intress as your self. That tiney little star tell other members that you take pride in supporting a site which otherwise may be riddle with advertisemnts. If you want to go even fearther get a second star or even a boc card. I got my boc card a few week back, My wife asked what is it good for, I said it was showing support for something i enjoy every day. The staff here at the boc do there job out of enjoyment with no pay, all the money collected form the star membership goes into the site. Where else can you see that. Most sites are money makers but, the powers to be have the same love and passion for catfishing as the rest of us, I sure they want everyone here to share it with each other. That little star costing just $10, give up that pop for a week, or even the extra candy bar at break time. Spending that buck for a candy bar will only last a short while, but, that star will last for the year.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Winston,

:0a24: :0a27:

I think that your on to something there. :0a14:

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    well it is a good thought you have metalman ,if we can just get it done . there are times i would be lost without the boc bored it can very uplifting on a bad day and chat at night those guys are something else . so in a nut shell it is worth alot to me

7. dankitch

dankitch New Member

State:
    Henderson,
    Just picking on DH and JW is worth 25 cents a week!!! LOL:smile2:

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I am very new to this and still trying to go over thing it has to offer. What is a star membership and how do you get a BOC card. I could be interested in this. This is one great site and I would like to be able to help it out if I just new how. Just steer me in the right direction to learn more about what you guys are talking about.
    Tom

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
  10. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Tom, At the top of the page you will see the word "Donate" , click on that and follow the instruction. For every 10 dollars it gives you a star on your profile. Then your are able to sign up for the give aways that sponser items that are givin to the BOC.

11. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great post, and a great point, W. Nothing is free folks, we all know that. What makes this site great is it's membership. I think a minimum of $10.00 a year is a very small price to pay for keeping the lights on here at the BOC.