The BOC is so picky why??

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dnedster, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    #1 I love the the BOC but why do we have to post to see pics? I'm not going to put lame posts on just to get my points up. This is a great site.

2. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    It's only 10 posts! There are about 2000 posts a day now... surely there is 10 that you have something to say!

The pictures are the reward!
    Was it not worth it?

This community works because of hundreds of men and woman WILLING to share information and help one another. Non participants are still welcome of course, but we ALL have something to add to the BOC.

That is EXACTLY what makes the BOC the BOC.

3. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    A little more....

I have made friends on the BOC.
    I have caught lots more and BIGGER fish because of the BOC.
    My chances of catching fish every time I go have GREATLY increased because of the BOC.
    I have learned many different methods of fishing under different circumstances because of the BOC.
    I have learned all about bait, how to catch different kinds and how to present them because of the BOC.
    I have learned to respect other peoples opinion's because of the BOC.

You will fit right in!

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Chris made two great posts here. It is basically so you can join in on the fun. Share what you know with others. Tell others what works in your area. Tell them if something you have learned has helped. It is just a way to get your feet wet and join in on the fun.

Welcome to the BOC brother, hope you can see the reasoning behind it all. Good luck on the water.

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I agree 101% with what Chris (KC CATS ) had to say.
    Besides you've allready got your 10 posts logged on so whats the big GRIP?

6. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Night Blade!!!
    You have just been introduced to the post king of the BOC!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am taking my Rep back that I just gave you for harassing me. LMAO Yall have a great day!!

8. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, Doug... at last count you have 57 posts so you shouldn't have a problem. If you can't see the pics still, then I'd turn in a Trouble Ticket... Good looking fish in your avatar...:big_smile:

9. Catfishhunter2U

Catfishhunter2U New Member

State:
    mo.
    well heck did u save all that info maybe u could send to me,save me some time looking for it all.Seem to be everything i'm looking for...lol...just playing got to tell u all i just found this site note so long ago,but its my fav, site on this whole internet crap...thanks all

10. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    I commend BOC for having this restriction. Alot of folks that are not used to posting on forums are skeptical and seem to hold back thinking their privacy will be intruded on. I guess some think they will post something in any of the different forums and all of a sudden everybody knows who you are, where you live, who you're married to, what's your kids/parents names, etc., etc. I know......my wife is also one of these people. These forums are set up for people to enjoy. I'm not even sure how they are paid for other than a few contributions but take advantage and enjoy them. I like seeing restrictions such as this little one to get people talking. Matter of fact, this is the first one I've ever seein on any forums I participate in. Sometimes it takes something like this to get people to break out of their shell and become comfortable with contributing and become a part of the "family" here.

BTW, I probably did NOT start off right with BOC cause I couldnt wait to be able to see the pictures. I rushed it and posted about anything just to be able to see them. Hope BOC doesnt hold that against me! :embarassed: :roll_eyes: :big_smile:

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    There is a reason why this place is best on the internet. Rules or a big part of it.
    Star Support is also a big part. But, I aint getting into that at this time. I'll do that in another thread. LOL.
    I dont see/ understand complaining about 10 post, now the post king, another story. LMAO I'm kidding.:roll_eyes: :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

10 post is nothing to do more so if you have been a member since Aug of 05. One post a month is all you needed. How hard is that? Just post a joke or any thing now and then. I bet you will enjoy it much more.

Why do you think this site is fun to come too. Tooth fairy dont put up inf. post, pic's or pay the bills. Comes from members like yourself.
    If you like it, want it, be a part of it, everyone here always welcomes members, and if things get hot, we internet handshake. Easy stuff. but to use it and not give in return , there are other links on the internet to try out, though not as good as this one. Door opens both ways.
    Sorry if that is too rude but 10 post in 1 year and complaining about it, aint right.

Mods, you may delete or edit that out.

12. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    cuz we want you to communicate...the owner of this site (paul) designed this to be a community not just another web page....we wanna get to know ya....and maybe you can give us some tips as well

13. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    This is how I look at about the first 10 posts.
    There was one who did this....
    This is post 1 (posted it)
    This is post 2 (posted it)
    etc, etc...

I got a kick out of that because the guy really wanted to see the pics and have full access to the sight. More power to him.

14. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Think i've said this before but don't ever worry about putting up a "lame post". Who knows there my be a message in there for just one person and if thats the case then it was a "good post" .

15. CatBusster

CatBusster New Member

State:
    Out Fishing

too true

post 264 lol

16. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana

When I joined this site, I admit I started off in this fashion. I was overwhelmed at the info I was reading, and at first, it seemed someone always said something on the forum I woulda said myself, so I wouldn't bother posting. In time, I learned that wasn't true. Everyone should chime in with what they know, and if they don't know, ASK. The rewards are greater, and you run the chance of meeting good people not only in the forum, but possibly face to face in the future.

17. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Doug, I was a little apprehensive about posting when I first joined (back on the old board). I felt like I was butting in on someone's conversation but eventually I became less bothered about it and started joining in. I can tell you for a fact that is more fun to jump in and get to going with us. The 10 post rule is a way to help people not to be so shy. Well, anyway kick your shoes off, make yourself at home and lets have some more fun.

ST

18. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    It's all about encouraging participation brother! Join in!

19. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If my wife can't shut me up...then you fellas can't either. Your just gonna have to read my BS, lol. I joined the BOC out of curiosity...I posted 10 to view the pics...I have stayed and attempted to contribute because I have finally found a great group of individuals who understand the way I feel about catfishing. My kinda troops.

20. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    The BOC is a one of a kind place, but to get the most out of it, you gotta' put your oar in!! I'm sure you have lot's to share, looking forward to seeing more of your posts!
    :cool2: