The BOC is growing like a wildflower!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Whistler, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Members: 7,960

We're gonna go over 8,000 members this month. I've been a member of the BOC since July of 2002. When I joined there were only about 1,000 members. And just before we started the new board here, we had over 12,000 registered members at that time on the old site. Took 3 years to build it to that size. We started here just about a year ago and look how we've grown in that time. I'm sure glad I'm part of this great site. And I'm especially blessed to be a part of the staff. Being on the staff is special to me. I was asked recently what the difference is between a regular member and staff member is. Well, to me it's very simple. I've been given the opportunity to help keep the BOC as fun and safe as it was the day I joined. I am a member like any one of you, with the main difference of being able to do all the great things we do to make this a better place. It gives me the chance to pay all of you back for all the information I've learned from day one and still do learn everyday. And it also gives me the chance to re-pay our founder for his dedication to us and the place he's give us all to come be with friends. I hope you all enjoy this site as much as I do. And I know the whole staff feels the same way I do. Thanks to all our loyal and dedicated members, it's you that make the BOC what it is.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

8000 strong and growing. You guys, the staff, have been doing a great job. This is the best site on the net and a lot of members are to thank for that. I wouldn't tell people about it if it wasn't but it is and I hope it continues to grow.

3. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    the whole staff deserves a huge pat on the back...ya'll kick Ba$$.......lol

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Amen..lol This is definitely the best site I know of, I don't care what anyone says this site will always be the best.

5. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Cant say enough good things about all of the things that the staff does to keep this a really good site,thanks for all of the hard work and the contributions that everyone makes. It makes my day sometimes just to spend a few minutes with you guys each day keep up the good work

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well said brian and I for one am glad to be a part of this site and am glad I wandered in off the streets of info ave to find The BOC.

I will try to contribute as much as I take.
    Thanks to the founder and all the staff for being what you are.

You to DH :big_smile: :lol:

7. young catfisherman

young catfisherman New Member

State:
    ohio
    well thats just great!
    just like catfishings getin big

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thank you.You are appreciated.You have done good.peewee-williams

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Look in the Mirror; Everyone on the BOC is responsible for our success!

We are growing like Wild-Fire!

When you throw a bunch of fun loving laid-back people in a great secure atmosphere, you can’t help but love the BOC.

I personally thank each and every person who hangs their hat on the BOC coat-hook.

Thanks,
    Paul

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    To all the staff, thanks for keeping us inline and keeping this a family site.

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Let's face it...the BOC is a team effort. Members support the BOC by posting good info, telling jokes, helping each other, showing support for their brothers and sisters...the list goes on and on. Paul and his staff, like he said provides a secure, orderly and safe enviroment for us to do that in. It just simply doesn't get any better than the BOC!:wink: Keep up the good work team!:big_smile:

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    It just doesnt get any better than the BOC, I really feel priviledged to be a part of this brotherhood, and i to would like to thank the staff, and each member for thier hard work and dedication.:0a1: :0a1:

13. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This board has become so important to me that I haven't called it my cat fishing board for quite some time. The BOC has become my go to place for all matters and I mean everything in my life I bring in here. When I first started feeling this way I worried that it may not go over so well but I found I was not alone. I have noticed from time to time someone complain because there was no cat fish talk at that time but I also noticed it was normally someone with 9 or 33 post. I t seems to me there are many of us that depend on the BOC being here. I know I do. Some may think I must not have much of a life if the board means that much to me and I say to that...so what...

The people of the board give me something I get no where else. Someone to talk to, someone to share with, someone to grive with, laugh with, cry with. Someone is here for me and I like that I can be here for someone. It does seem strange this could happen with people you have never seen but it is true and it's because of the management and the fact the management is also just like us all, BROTHERS ,

I will always be at home here. I know many have familes and lots going on but there are many of us that don't and the BOC fills our life with the things that the family guys have. I better stop here....Thanks Everyone.

14. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Like Splitshot and serval of the other have said it don't get no better than the BOC. As I have said before if it wasn't for Paul starting the BOC site to begin with we would all be looking for something to do in our spare time. Again I say thank you Paul and also the rest of the staff for keeping this place running as smooth as it does. Thank you all again and thank he rest of the members for being a great family who really does care for each other. GOD BLESS EVERYONE and thier FAMLIES. (LETS KEEP ON GROWING)

15. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bryan: how many members do we really have that are active ? make a guess, more that 500 or less than 500 ? I would like to think it would be at least 1000 but I don't think so. Hope I'm wrong.

16. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great folks in here and it looks like there will be alot more.

17. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I just sure hope we don't out grow this site tho. I just learned how to play on it a few months back. The change over from the old site was rough for a lot of folks.

18. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Was gonna give you some REps for this post but it say's I got to spread it around some. Anyway great post and I tried.:smile2: GOD BLESS !!

19. Gabowman

Gabowman Member

State:
    Georgia
    And rightly it should! The staff does a great job keeping such a site up and running and the BOC brothers all seem to handle themselves very maturely without squabbling. No longer than I've been hanging out with you guys all I can say is this is one dedicated site to catfishing! Way to go guys and gals!!:0a31:

20. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Quick someone spray me with some roundup:lol: Just kidding. it is a great site and great people here.