the boc gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by lilmonster23, Feb 9, 2009.

1. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Im new to fishing the colorado, and would like to know what the gathering is in blythe? If its not a tourny, do they have them on the river?any replies will be thankful and helpful. yhank you

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    Ralph, heres a link to the info on where the gathering is. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101243
    you can look the park up for prices if not mentioned. no tournament involved. just a bunch of good people (sometimes whole families) getting together to fish either river or canals. great time to learn how to fish the river, meet people, and just enjoy. usually have a big potluck sat afternoon and this yr blue hunter is showing up again and repping another site. this will be my third one i've gone to, and enjoyed every one. a boat is nice to have, but no one has room on theirs, you'll be told good places to shore fish from. learn the baits, technics, ect. hope to see you there.
    gary

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Ralph like Gary said it's just a bunch of cat fisherman having a good time, once their there are some guys that put on some tourneys just cant give ya the info here, do a search on west coast catfish n or So Cal catfish n ya mite be ale to link it, What we all need to do is get a A-Cats chapter (a recognized cat tourney of the BOC) set up for the s-west coast (AZ/CA)

4. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    when i said no tourney, i was refering only to the boc gathering. if lilmonster23 wants to get into some of the tournements, e-mail me and i'll let you know how to get in touch with a guy that is setting some up there this yr. like dale said, can't do it on this site.
    gary

5. Tailgunner

Tailgunner New Member

State:
    CA.
    I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again.. trying to work my schedule to hook up with Gary... I need to read that long thread and get caught up to speed..

Russ

6. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    about time you started getting fired up again Russ. beginning to think you'd forgotten how to fish. LOL
    gary

7. Tailgunner

Tailgunner New Member

State:
    CA.
    It's been awhile :smile2: Sounds like it'll be a good time.. Can you fish from shore in the park & is the fishing any good there??

8. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    water runs about 6 knots i'd say. a few people have tried it, but lots of weight.
    speaking of weight, bring some of your heavy weights. from 2 -5 i'd say.
    gary