The blunt is transforming...

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    with the enclosure we are building on it. The enclosure is 11' 7" long. PeeDee Cat is helping my fab it up and weld it at his shop. I cannot thank him enough for utilizing his valuable vacation time heklping me. This is no simple task, as there is nothing square about a boat. There are 6 sections to the enclosure, and each section is different. The rail it is mounted on gets lower as it goes forward, and the boat gets narrower as it goes forward too. Thus each section is a few inches different than the preceding one. Sorry, no pics today as I forgot my camera, but I will have pics up tomorrow.

BB in SC

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Bill how big is the blunt?

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    20' .

BB

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Here's where we are right now. I am undecided as to what sort of covering I will use on it. I have lots of options. Maybe some plexiglass panels, tarp, storm windows. I decided to stop on it for now until I can cipher on it some more. I want to figure out the design for closing in the front deck.
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill its starting to look like a covered wagon.LOL How are you going to drive with that thing up?

6. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL!!! I will have my tarp rolled up when running the boat. Certainly visibility is a must. There will probably be some transparent panels mounted in the right spots to see through. It may look funny, but no one will be laughing when we have tournaments in inclement weather. Keep in mind this is an ongoing project and modifications will be regular until I get it tweaked out to perfection.

Bill in SC

7. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Gee Bill what's next, a poker table, LOL. Actually I like it, and you got it...its gonna be warm and dry under there. Sure beats me ducking the weather in the back of my jeep ; )

Thanks for the pics.
    -Jim-

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    you and my dads' gonna really get along.... I ain't never heard of a blunt box.... must be a SC thang!:big_smile:
    But- what am I gonna do when that hundred pound blue I'm gonna catch tries to run me around the boat :confused2:

9. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Looking good!!!

After the other weekend down at Packs I swore I'd have a top on my boat before I fished another tournament too:smile2:. I've started working on it but it's not coming together nearly as well as yours.

10. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <But- what am I gonna do when that hundred pound blue I'm gonna catch tries to run me around the boat!>

You hang a hundred pounder, we'll unbolt the top and scuttle it, mark it on the GPS and come back for it!! :wink::eek:oooh::smile2:

< I've started working on it but it's not coming together nearly as well as yours.>

Rome wasn't built in a day! Stay with it and it will materialize.

Bill in SC

11. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    will realy look like a blunt with that top on it lol

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    It's elementary dear Holmes! :smile2:

Bill in SC

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    What, Team Hardcore with a top and a heater? Must be age catching up with ya, Bill. :smile2: Just kidding; it's looking good. I bet you can't wait to get back on the water with it.

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <What, Team Hardcore with a top and a heater? Must be age catching up with ya, Bill.>

That's absolutely correct, Tommy!! :eek:oooh: Here's a pic with a temporary tarp across it. It'll do until I can come up with the master plan.

Bill in SC

Attached Files:

15. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Are you gonna leave the console all the way back or try & move it forward for more fishing room in back???

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Will, I have it as far forward as the cables will allow. There's still pleny of room, though you can't tell it from the pics. The boat has a 7'4" beam.
    Bill in SC

17. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    tell ya what.... theres been more times than I can count that I would've *almost* cut one off for a set-up like that.

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Gettin' it ready for you and your dad, Bill!!! We gonna tear 'em up in May!!!!!!!!

BB in SC

19. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I know we will... I have forseen it!:wink:

20. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Bill r those nc numbers on a sc boat :wink: r u trying to get the best of both:smile2: