The Bite Is Starting...

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by bnorth, Apr 25, 2009.

1. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Spent a little time along the Wabash last night and got my first entry to the Flathead Frenzy...caught it on a cut bluegill head in about 4 feet of water. 10lb 14oz.

Some folks I saw leaving as I was arriving said that the channel bite was getting pretty hot too. River was receding at about a foot and a half below flood stage.

Attached Files:

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    nice fish ben.. thanks for the report.. when i get home tonight, ill show you what a flathead frenzy fish looks like..:smile2:

going to go get bait in a little bit, and then heading out somewhere early in the evening , and fishin till im sore..

3. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll take ya up on that! If the 'ol lady allows I might head out again tonight and see if I can score something a little bigger...I think some live bait might be in order.

4. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah we fished a tourney on the white last night and there were a bunch of nice channels caught and i think four flats. we caught one that was only about 2lbs, the biggest flat was 17. another week or two and they will really be on i think.

5. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for sharing. I'm going out with a few friends later tonight and we're going to pull an all nighter on the white in hopes of a flattie or two. Keep 'em coming man.

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hope they are biting... would be real nice

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    guys... you'd ruin your britches if you seen the flatheads I caught a few hours ago.... yeah, yeah no pics.... caught 'em out of the lake anyways- so it don't count- I am surprised though, they were up in the 5' water.
    The big crappies are going wild in the shallows too... nearly a month early I thought. I was just lazy fishing for bass with live minnows.
    this kind of bite happens every year, but never until middle to late May.
    Thought it was interesting is why I even mentioned it.
    I have never caught flatties until the triploid wake-up and are moving around on top.

8. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    well ben.... its all yours this time round.. went out tonight, met up with whiteriverbigcats, prettykitty, and riverbuggy at a "secret" location.. only thing biting in that hole was alot of channels, and a few turtles..

oh and.... made it out of there with the car in 1 piece.. :smile2: (holly had to drive.. i had a few..well like 12... chilled beverages waiting on the bite to start)

9. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the reports guys. Nice to know their starting to bite.

10. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from our night on the river. I fished a nice looking area, not a nibble. I took my extra third pole and tore up the carp on sweet corn though so the night wasn't a total loss.

11. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yeah the secret hole didnt produce any flats but I did come out with 6 channels one being 6.70 lbs.:cool2:

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I tried it again tonight and.... nothing but couple bass and crappie.
    Yesterday was just a freak day.

13. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    No guys the bite is definitlly on. I went out tonight but got a really late start but within 5 mins I landed a 7 pound flatty and man was he aggressive... so i beleive they are early but that dont bother me one bit... If i catch a few tomm then its on from here on out... WOOOOWHOOOOO

The scales says 8.20 but he was jumping around and pulled it but when he was still it was 7 pounds even... I thought I would use it for the fish off but realized I had submitted a 6 pound channel not a 4lb.

Attached Files:

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i havent tried the flatheads yet, so i cant tell you spit. glad to read everyone else it at it though. tight lines to you all. ill get something posted by the end of the week. lol

15. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    I have talked to alot of guys catching a bunch on the ohio river and he a pic of a 38lbs caught last sat and he was very addgressive

16. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    I caught this monster on a 4inch bluegill.. he just nibbled at it and never pulled the clicker but I could tell he was there....

Attached Files:

17. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Thought about keeping him at home in my big fish tank but i decided i had a better home for him where he could grow to 50+ with no worries of anyone taking him and killing him... But he was in about 5ft of water and about 3 ft from the bank..

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You must've been fishing in Indianapolis:smile2:

19. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Nope... Down there in the Martintucky area

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member