The Bite is On

Discussion in 'OREGON RIVER TALK' started by shortshank, Jun 7, 2006.

1. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I just got my pictures back from last week. Of course the biggest didn't turn out very good but maybe you can see what 150lbs. of bad fish looks like. The other two are just in case and got put back. No one is catching little ones like these this week, the big boys are here. Hope you all get a chance to try one or two of these out!
    Don

Attached Files:

2. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Ok the big one didn't upload so I'll try again. I thought we were out of film so he's loose and going back to the bottom. The boat wash just about covered him up.
    Don

Attached Files:

3. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Bummer got to post a few more times before I can check them out...I assume they were sturgeon...

4. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    Oh man, I just got to view the pics...man it do bring back some fond memories of sturgen. I will go to my scrap book and scan a few pics from it. 5.2 was my best keeper...hooked a couple hogs..thank God they threw the hook before they hit the washington side..and smoked my diawa 400

We used to fish right below mcnary dam. Used to see a floater flopping down the river now and then. Someone told me the get there nose to close the turbine and it Knocks there noses off. The last one we saw had half its head nocked off..

Well thank you much for showing the pics..like I said it brought back some awesome memories.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish brother, congrats on the catches. Always nice to get some fish.

6. ike whitson

ike whitson New Member

State:
    ariz/northwest
    Hey, Treasure, about those fish missing there snouts , I Am curiouos how could they get close enough to a turbine to get it cut off?

7. treasure

treasure New Member

State:
    WA
    I asked that same question and they didnt know the answer either. But I did see the results 3 times while I fished there in the 80's..You would think the preasure coming out would be to much for them to get up there...

Seems the fish up above the dam get into the turbines sometimes and chops up the bait food. the sturgeion nudge up in there to get at the cutup fish somehow...

8. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Glad you liked em! Had lots of fun getting them. My big fish are on video tape, Going to have to figure out how to load a short piece so everyone can enjoy them.
    Don